Mum’s Bolognese Recipe. Steps Heat a large pan on a medium heat with oil and fry onion until soft and lightly browned Add beef mince and chopped garlic. Cook until beef is brown and thoroughly cooked through. Mum's Bolognese Recipe step by step Heat a large pan on a medium heat with oil and fry onion until soft and lightly browned.
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Before we begin, can I just point out how annoying the word 'bolognese' is?! Google didn't really help…so I asked a friend, and she it was 'bolognese'. You can cook Mum’s Bolognese Recipe using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mum’s Bolognese Recipe
- It’s 1 kg of beef mince.
- You need 2 of large onions diced.
- It’s 1 of mug of beef stock using one whole cube.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (large) chopped.
- You need 2 of large carrots grated.
- You need 450 g of mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning herbs.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of tube of tomato purée.
- You need 1 of small glass of red wine.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper for seasoning.
I think everyone has grown up with memories of things that their mum made often for evening meals. Mum's mouthwatering idea for using up leftover bolognese is hailed 'genius' by hundreds of home cooks – and it's perfect for the whole family Australian mother has revealed her delicious way of. Our mom's recipe for bolognese sauce is a keeper. Storage: Best to keep bolognese sauce in air-tight containers.
Mum’s Bolognese Recipe instructions
- Heat a large pan on a medium heat with oil and fry onion until soft and lightly browned.
- Add beef mince and chopped garlic. Cook until beef is brown and thoroughly cooked through. Approx 5 to 15 minutes. Stir mixture as required..
- Add beef stock and warm through for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and mushrooms. Mix well and heat through for 2 to 5 minutes..
- Add all other ingredients and mix well. Taste sauce and more or less of ingredients as required. I like the tang from the wine and Worcestershire sauce..
- Cook for 30 to 45 minutes on a low heat depending on how reduced/ liquid you like the sauce. Stir the sauce every 10 minutes. I cooked mine for 30 minutes. I then let the sauce cool in the pan for a few hours before transferring to takeaway tubs for freezing..
It's best to allow the sauce to cool. Quick spaghetti bolognese: Finely chop half an onion and grate half a carrot and cook in a little oil. When soft add a pack of mince and mix until it's brown all over. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes, some tomato puree, a little pepper and a generous teaspoon of mixed herbs. Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat.