Quick Shakshuka Fish Fillet Recipe. Choose From Our Tasty Selection Of Quick & Easy Recipes Available Online Today! No rocket science but just an easy fish fillet recipe in which the Spiced fish fillets are cooked in a sauce of fresh tomatoes and. If you plan to serve this fish fillet with rice, make the Lebanese rice according to this recipe (this step is optional, you can also serve this fish fillet with bread) In a small bowl, combine the coriander, sumac, cumin, dill and turmeric to make the spice mix.
Make our easy shakshuka for a comforting brunch. Step-by-step guide for making traditional shakshuka (print-friendly recipe below) Cook onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large heavy skillet or pan. You can have Quick Shakshuka Fish Fillet Recipe using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Shakshuka Fish Fillet Recipe
- It’s 3 of fish fillets.
- It’s 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need as needed of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 8 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of jalapeno peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of lime juice.
- Prepare 5 of medium ripe tomatoes, blanched and pureed or diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s of Salt to taste and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped fresh mint or basil leaves for garnish.
Add chopped onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Add coriander, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and a good pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. No rocket science but just an easy fish fillet recipe in which the Spiced fish fillets are cooked in a sauce of fresh tomatoes and. Quick and Easy recipe for Shakshuka-style Baked Fish by themediterraneandish.
Quick Shakshuka Fish Fillet Recipe step by step
- In a large, deep pan heat 2 tbsp. olive oil. Sauté the onions for 2 minutes then add the garlic and jalapeno. I did not chop the peppers as my grandson was going to eat the fish. Cook on medium-high, until onions are fragrant and golden in colour. Do not brown them..
- Now add the tomatoes and the spices, lime juice, water, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring to a high simmer, and then turn down the heat. Cover and cook the tomato mixture for 10 more minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper and coat on both sides.Gently place the fish fillets in the tomato mixture, so that they are nestled snugly. Cook on medium-high and then reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes until the fish are cooked through and is flaky. Check with a fork if it is done or what. Add some crumbled cheese for more taste..
- Remove Mediterranean Shakshuka Fish Fillet from heat and garnish with the fresh coriander and mint leaves..
- Serve immediately with rice or roti..
You could say, this is fish prepared shakshuka-style! ? You need to try it, friends. Poached eggs cooked in a rich warm spiced tomato sauce, topped with feta, olives and parsley. This recipe is perfect for sharing! The name is SHAKSHUKA (pronounced 'shack-shoe-kah').