Kung Po Chicken In Szechuan Style. Toast the Szechuan peppercorns in a dry frying pan until lightly golden. Transfer to a pestle and mortar, grind to a fine powder, then sieve into a large bowl, discarding any large, tough bits. Chop the chicken into bite-sized chunks, then toss in the cornflour mixture to coat.
Background of the dish The name of Kung Pao comes from a court official Ding Baozhen in Qing dynasty. Kung Po Chicken In Szechuan Style LeeGoh. Combine the cubed chicken with the egg white and cornstarch. You can have Kung Po Chicken In Szechuan Style using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kung Po Chicken In Szechuan Style
- It’s of MARINATE CHICKEN.
- Prepare of cornstarch.
- You need of dice chicken thigh.
- It’s of shao xing rice wine.
- Prepare of SAUCE.
- You need of light soy sauce.
- You need of Shao xing rice wine.
- You need of thumb size slice fine ginger strip.
- It’s of Brown sugar.
- Prepare of unsalted peanut.
- It’s of dry red chili.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of SZECHUAN PEPPERCORN SALT.
- It’s of szechuan peppercorn salt pls refer to my recipe ( optional ).
Add nuts, scallions, and remaining ingredients. In a glass dish or bowl, combine half of the sake mixture with the chicken pieces and toss to coat. In a medium frying pan, combine remaining sake mixture, chillies, vinegar and sugar. Mix together and add spring onion, garlic, water chestnuts and peanuts.
Kung Po Chicken In Szechuan Style instructions
- FOR THE SZECHUAN PEPPERCORN SALT PLEASE VIEW THE ATTACHMENT BELOW https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/365283-szechuan-peppercorn-salt.
- Marinate chicken with cornstarch and shao xing rice wine for minimum 20 to 60 minute.
- Then in low heat add 4 top of oil and dry red chili for 2 minute till dry red chili almost turning dark colour.
- remove dry chili and drain on paper towel then set a side.
- with the same oil stir fry the marinated chicken for 4 minute till meat are cooked and no longer pink.
- add slice ginger and drain red chili and mix well for 30 second.
- add brown sugar with peanut and mix well for 30 second.
- add sauce and stir fry for another 1 minute then off heat and,serve top with szhechuan pepper salt.
- BELOW ARE FEW OF MY KUNG PO RECIPE,I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355440-kung-po-roasted-duck https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361444-kung-po-fish-fillet.
Kung Pao Chicken is from the Sichuan province in China. The Chinese name is 宫保鸡丁 (gong bao ji ding) but some restaurants spell it as Gong Bao Chicken or Kung Po Chicken. This is a spicy chicken dish with a mouthwatering Kung Pao Sauce. It is popular at Chinese takeouts or restaurants here in the United States. This style of cuisine has bold flavors – the spiciness and pungency of Szechuan cuisine result from the generous use of Szechuan pepper, garlic, and chili peppers.