Lasagna. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Find everything for your home We've got lasagne recipes to suit all tastes: Mary Berry's lasagna al forno recipe is the classic full-length version but she's also got a great quick lasagne recipe when you're short of time.
This classic lasagne recipe has been triple-tested by our cookery team and nutritionally analysed. Find more lasagne recipes at BBC Good Food. Heat some oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and fry onions till soft. You can cook Lasagna using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- It’s of For the Ragú (meat filling).
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of laurel leave.
- Prepare 700 gr of minced beef (can also be mix of pork and beef).
- It’s 1 kg of passata di pomodoro (better with basil).
- You need 4 tbsp of concentrate tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of mozzarella di bufala (optional but soooo much better ;P).
- You need of Grated parmigiano reggiano (enough to cover 3-4 layers in your oven plate).
- It’s 1-2 of stock cubes (meat) – can be replaced by salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1-2 glasses of red wine.
- It’s 1 of gentle cube of butter (for the oven plate).
- You need of For Lasagna:.
- Prepare of Béchamel (enough to slightly cover every layer): this is optional and you can get your favorite recipe from cookpad ;).
- It’s of Dry lasagna pasta (deCecco, Opera or other brand recommended by an italian or found in italian food store – preferably that does not need previous cooking).
Add mince and cook till browned. Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. To freeze baked lasagna: Line the pan with foil before assembling, then assemble and bake as directed. Let it cool completely, then freeze until solid.
- For Bolognese:.
- Grind onion, carrot and garlic, small but not to a paste.
- Put oil in big frying pan (enough to cover the whole surface), medium fire.
- Pour the ground vegetables and cook until carrot is tender (~5min).
- Add meat, let it cook a bit and then add the red wine (just enough to cover the meat, 1 glass should be enough but depends on your frying pan size).
- When red wine has been absorbed, add the stock cubes (or salt and pepper) and mix well.
- Add the passata di pomodoro, the concentrate tomato paste and the laurel leave. Cover the pan and let it cook in low fire until done (at least 1h).
- The Lasagna magic:.
- Heat oven at 170C (~340F).
- Rub butter all around the surface of your deep oven plate.
- Put a layer of dry lasagne pasta, one of bolognese, a bit of béchamel, a bit of the mozzarela di buffala and enough grated parmigiano to slightly cover the layer. Repeat until the oven plate is full (usually 3-4 layers). The top layer has pasta, then just béchamel and parmigiano on the top.
- Put in oven and let cook the time and heat the pasta instructions say (usually 170C/340F, 30 min, both up & down).
- Change to gratin mode for the last 5 minutes for an extra touch.
- If you can resist, leave it rest a bit after heating… Lasagna is better the more time the pasta has to absorb the bolognese ;).
Once frozen, lift the frozen lasagna block from the casserole dish, wrap it in more foil, then freeze for up to a month. To reheat a baked lasagna: Remove the lasagna from the freezer and unwrap all the layers of foil. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large pan and add the onions, celery and carrots.