Green chili chicken enchilladas. Order Directly Online Or Download Our App. Enjoy fast takeaway service or delivery right to your door. The first step in making green chile chicken enchiladas is to make the fresh green chile sauce.
Add in diced Hatch green chile, and chicken broth. If it is going to be an especially large group, I leave out the chicken and just make several trays of green chile cheese enchiladas. Just for clarification, "CHILI' is that soup dish made with hamburger meat and beans that is popular in Texas, while "CHILE" is the spicy vegitable that makes mexican food so great. You can have Green chili chicken enchilladas using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green chili chicken enchilladas
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken (10.5 oz.).
- Prepare 4 large of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of hatched chpped green chili (no canned. can also use buenos).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of mild shredded cheese.
- You need 4 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of season salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/2 small of yellow onion (chopped).
- Prepare 12 of white corn tortilla.
- It’s 1/4 cup of veggy oil.
- Prepare 1 of optional toppings : chopped lettus an tomato. dollup of sour cream.
Green chile and red chile come from the same plant. In a skillet, brown the onions until soft. Add in the shredded chicken, taco seasoning, green chili's, and HALF the salsa verde. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool.
Green chili chicken enchilladas step by step
- preheat oven to 400·.
- dont forget to wash your hands..
- in large pot bring your chicken breast to boil for about half hour..
- when chicken is done..drain and chop as small as possible..
- in sauce pan combine your chicken ..chopped onion.. cream of chicken .. choppd green chili.. thee half cup of cheese and all spices. cook on med. heat for about 5-7 minutes..
- while the chicken mix cooks. heat oil in small pan. fry 4 corn tortillas one at a time. not too long you want soft corn tortilla not crispy..
- layer the bottom of a deep small oven pan with corn tortilla. turn chicken mix off and add 3 large heaps of mixture to corn tortilla. spread all over. continue to layer corn tortilla and mixture..
- top with cheese and put in over for 10 minutes..
- let cool and serve with shredded lettuce chopped tomato and a dollup of sour cream..
Yes, these green chile chicken enchiladas freeze great. You can make a big batch! A good idea is to make them in a disposable pan, then with foil and placing in a freezer-safe bag. They will last for a few months in the freezer. Rotisserie chicken works great and saves time!