Rice and Chicken Casserole. Easy, Effective and Delicious Weight Loss Programmes Tailored To Your Individual Lifestyle From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. You can also cut this in half.
With chicken, green beans and the nice crunch of water chestnuts and almonds, this casserole has everything you need. Add rice, onion, stock, and soup and stir until combined. Sprinkle with flour, stock powder and garlic. You can cook Rice and Chicken Casserole using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice and Chicken Casserole
- Prepare 1 pound of carrots.
- Prepare 1 pound of frozen broccoli.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of long grain rice.
- You need 1 of rib celery.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- You need 3 quarts of water.
- You need 3 cups of instant rice.
- It’s 3 pounds of chicken thighs skin on and bone in.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need of Toppings——————.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
Add the hot chicken broth, stir until flour dissolved (some small lumps ok). Add milk, swish rice to spread out evenly. Spread broccoli on top, then chicken, then plonk butter on (anywhere). First, stir together the chicken, rice, mayonnaise, condensed soup, chicken broth, onion, celery and almonds.
Rice and Chicken Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice the carrots. Dice the celery, add to the chicken and water and boil, add in the salt and pepper. After 15 minutes add the minced garlic and broccoli..
- Remove the chicken and take the skins off. I save mine to fry crispy latter for other recipes. Take and remove the meat off the bones. Chop the big pieces of chicken and return to pot. Add the long grain rice and boil for 15 minutes..
- Add instant rice to the bottom of the oven safe dish for the casserole..
- Mix the butter breadcrumbs and granulated garlic powder..
- Pour the chicken and liquids with the vegetables over the instant rice. Sir just a bit, to get the air bubbles out and the instant rice to rehydrate. Spread the breadcrumbs mix over the top of casserole..
- Put into the oven for an hour..
- Let rest 15 minutes and serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Next, prepare the topping by stirring together the crushed Ritz crackers with the melted butter. Sprinkle the topping over the top of the dish. Add chicken breasts and season with salt & pepper. You can use bone-in chicken breasts in this rice casserole. Cook time is the same as chicken breasts are thicker than chicken thighs.