Chinese crispy pork belly. When ready to cook, heat oven to its maximum setting. Lay the pork on a rack over a roasting tin, making sure the skin is exposed. Prepare Pork Belly Use an ice pick, sharp metal skewer or another tool to prick tons and tons of holes in the skin.
Turn skin side up and place in a. Chinese Crispy Pork Belly (Siu Yuk) and Char Siu Pork. Place the pork belly in a large pot with clean water, add cooking wine, scallion, ginger and sichuan peppercorn. You can have Chinese crispy pork belly using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese crispy pork belly
- Prepare 2 kg of pork belly – ribs attached.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of chinese five spice.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Szechuan peppercorns, ground in a pestle and mortar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Juice and rind of 1 lemon.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Transfer the pork out and pat dry the water. Then pork as many holes on the rind. Back and forth and repeat several. After the hard pork process, apply a small pinch of salt on the.
Chinese crispy pork belly step by step
- Remove the rib bones from the belly in one piece. This will be roasted along with the belly.
- Score the rind at 1cm intervals. Place belly on a wire rack rind side up above the sink and pour 2 liters of boiling water over the belly to render some of the fat. Leave to drain and pat dry the rind..
- Combine the spices, honey butter and pepper in microwaveable bowl and nuke for 1 minute, then mix to combine. Add lemon juice.
- Using a pastry brush, smear the mixture on the flesh side of the pork belly, taking care not to get any mixture on the rind side. Also cover both side of the rib bone section removed earlier with the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 250 degC. Place belly rind side up on a foil lined baking sheet, alongside the rib section. Sprinkle some coarsely ground salt onto the rind and grill for 20 minute.
- Turn down the heat to 160 degC and roast for 40 minutes. Roasting Vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots, mushrooms etc can be added to the same baking sheet at this time if desired.
- After the roasting time has elapsed, remove the vegetables and the rib..
- Turn up the heat to 250 degC again and return the belly to the oven for the rind to crackle. Carefully monitor the process as the rind could easily burn at this point. Once crackling done nice and evenly, remove from the oven..
- Set aside for 20 minutes to rest, before carving the meat along the scored lines.
- Enjoy your super juicy, crackly crunchy pork belly! (with some ribs on the side).
Our Chinese Crispy Pork Belly is a twice cooked method that delivers each and every time. Twice cooking produces a very tender and moist flesh, packed with aromatic flavours. Two different stages of cooking render you with the moistest meat, and the best crackling. ingredients. Remove the pork and drain well, then pat dry with kitchen paper and cut into. Remove the pork from the water using a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel.