Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice. Cover and cook on low until water is nearly absorbed. Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice instructions. Heat oil in a LG frying pan.
Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice instructions. Heat oil in a LG frying pan. Cook until chicken is almost done, just a little bit of pink. You can cook Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice
- Prepare of For the chicken.
- Prepare 3 lbs of boneless chicken breast, cubed.
- It’s 1/2 of LG onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cups of salsa verde.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of each; cumin, Chile powder, white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño, seeded and diced.
- Prepare of For the rice.
- Prepare 2 cups of white rice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each; garlic powder, cumin, Chile powder, white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 4.5 tsp of tomato-chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 (14 Oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare of For the dough.
- It’s 4 cups of Mesa flour.
- You need 4 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3 cups of hot water.
- You need 2/3 cup of shortening or lard.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- It’s of Limes.
- It’s 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 3 tbs of melted garlic butter.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s of Roasted jalapeños.
- Prepare 3 of LG pasilla peppers.
Add salsa and a quarter cup of chopped cilantro. Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice For the chicken • boneless chicken breast, cubed • LG onion • garlic, minced • salsa verde • each; cumin, Chile powder, white pepper • smoked paprika • canola oil One-Pot Spanish Chicken and Rice Casserole starts with simple and fresh veggies: onions and poblano peppers. The fragrant combo then takes a backstage role as the chicken, the main protein in this dish, takes center stage. Combine garlic salt, celery salt and paprika; sprinkle over chicken.
Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice step by step
- Start with the filling. Heat oil in a LG frying pan. Add onion. Saute for 5 minutes to sweat onions, don't brown. Add chicken, garlic, and seasonings. Cook until chicken is almost done, just a little bit of pink. Do not drain juices. Add salsa and a quarter cup of chopped cilantro. Either make your own or buy the salsa. I used my recipe for roasted salsa verde. Bring salsa to a simmer. Slowly add Mesa flour while stirring constantly until you reach your desired thickness..
- Meanwhile char the skins of the pasilla peppers. If you have a gas range, place directly over burner. If not place directly on top oven rack and broil on hi. The key is to char the skins quickly. When all the skin is charred, place in a plastic bag. Seal and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove all skin and seeds from peppers. Tear open so pepper lays flat..
- Next make the dough. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cut in the lard or shortening. Mix in the hot water until well combined..
- Grease a large casserole dish. Lay in chicken mixture. Next lay the peppers over the top. Cover with cheddar cheese. Evenly spread the dough over that. Brush with melted garlic butter. Place in the oven at 400 until filling is bubbly and dough browns slightly..
- While in the oven, melt butter in a fry pan for the rice. Add dry rice to pan and cook 3-4 minutes stirring constantly. Add rest of rice ingredients. Stir well. Cover and cook on low until water is nearly absorbed. Do not stir. Turn off heat and let sit on burner covered for 10 minutes..
- Plate rice. Place casserole on top. Garnish with limes, cilantro, and jalapeño. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Add the chicken and spread into an even layer. Heat oil over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet or pot. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Add onion, red pepper and garlic and cook for a few minutes until they slightly soften. How To Make One Pot Spanish Chicken And Rice.