Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice. Delicious Diet Plans for Effective Weight Loss. All The Supplies, Food, Toys And Accessories You Need To Keep Your Pet Happy. Cover and cook on low until water is nearly absorbed.
Add salsa and a quarter cup of chopped cilantro. Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice instructions. Heat oil in a LG frying pan. You can have Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice
- You need of For the chicken.
- You need of boneless chicken breast, cubed.
- You need of LG onion.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of salsa verde.
- You need of each; cumin, Chile powder, white pepper.
- It’s of smoked paprika.
- You need of canola oil.
- Prepare of jalapeño, seeded and diced.
- You need of For the rice.
- Prepare of white rice.
- You need of each; garlic powder, cumin, Chile powder, white pepper.
- It’s of smoked paprika.
- You need of tomato-chicken bouillon.
- You need of can stewed tomatoes.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of For the dough.
- It’s of Mesa flour.
- It’s of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of hot water.
- You need of shortening or lard.
- It’s of Other ingredients.
- You need of Limes.
- You need of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of melted garlic butter.
- It’s of cilantro, chopped.
- You need of Roasted jalapeños.
- You need of LG pasilla peppers.
Cook until chicken is almost done, just a little bit of pink. Add salsa and a quarter cup of chopped cilantro. The fragrant combo then takes a backstage role as the chicken, the main protein in this dish, takes center stage. Combine garlic salt, celery salt and paprika; sprinkle over chicken.
Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice instructions
- Start with the filling. Heat oil in a LG frying pan. Add onion. Saute for 5 minutes to sweat onions, don't brown. Add chicken, garlic, and seasonings. Cook until chicken is almost done, just a little bit of pink. Do not drain juices. Add salsa and a quarter cup of chopped cilantro. Either make your own or buy the salsa. I used my recipe for roasted salsa verde. Bring salsa to a simmer. Slowly add Mesa flour while stirring constantly until you reach your desired thickness..
- Meanwhile char the skins of the pasilla peppers. If you have a gas range, place directly over burner. If not place directly on top oven rack and broil on hi. The key is to char the skins quickly. When all the skin is charred, place in a plastic bag. Seal and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove all skin and seeds from peppers. Tear open so pepper lays flat..
- Next make the dough. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cut in the lard or shortening. Mix in the hot water until well combined..
- Grease a large casserole dish. Lay in chicken mixture. Next lay the peppers over the top. Cover with cheddar cheese. Evenly spread the dough over that. Brush with melted garlic butter. Place in the oven at 400 until filling is bubbly and dough browns slightly..
- While in the oven, melt butter in a fry pan for the rice. Add dry rice to pan and cook 3-4 minutes stirring constantly. Add rest of rice ingredients. Stir well. Cover and cook on low until water is nearly absorbed. Do not stir. Turn off heat and let sit on burner covered for 10 minutes..
- Plate rice. Place casserole on top. Garnish with limes, cilantro, and jalapeño. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Add the chicken and spread into an even layer. This south-of-the-border inspired Mexican Salsa Chicken and Rice Casserole is a one dish meal packed with flavor. Salsa, roast chicken, Spanish rice and vegetables are mixed together and baked until bubbly with lots of gooey cheese on top. Top each serving with sour cream or guacamole and homemade pico de gallo and it's a homemade fiesta. It's easy because everything cooks in one single pot or skillet.