Chili Chicken Rice Casserole. Create A Family Feast With This Simple Spanish Casserole. I DID like the frozen peas and it made the recipe look like a paella. I DID like the frozen peas and it made the recipe look like a paella.
Pour the cheese and egg mixture evenly over the top of the chicken and rice. Stir in chicken, rice, green onions, sour cream, and one cup of the cheese until well combined. In a medium bowl, mix the rice, chicken stock, sour cream, green chiles, garlic powder, cumin, chicken, salt and pepper until well combined. You can have Chili Chicken Rice Casserole using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili Chicken Rice Casserole
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 of boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 can of Rotel Chili Fixings.
- You need 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Prepare 1 of small can Cream Style Corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried cilantro.
- Prepare 6-9 slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 cups of fried onions.
Pour the chicken and green chili mixture into the prepared dishes, divided evenly. Sprinkle shredded cheese and green onion over each dish, divided evenly. I make a similar casserole (with just the rice) as a side dish to go with taco or enchiladas; but for this dish, I wanted to make it a complete meal. I doubled the recipe and added in a generous serving of diced chicken and make it into a dinner casserole.
Chili Chicken Rice Casserole step by step
- Cut up chicken into pieces and toss with all the spices..
- Add oil to pan and heat on medium high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides. While on medium high add in the Rotel to help deglaze the pan tossing all together..
- Add in the cream of chicken soup and cream style corn. Stir to combine..
- Add in the cilantro and stir to combine..
- Add in the shredded cheese. Stir to combine..
- Add in the cooked rice, stir to combine..
- Add to casserole dish and layer top with jalapeño pepper jack cheese. Preheat oven to 350..
- Top with the fried onions. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until bubbly..
- Enjoy! Chili cheesy crunch flavor!.
Remove the chicken to a cutting board and finely chop or shred the chicken. In a large bowl, stir together the cooked rice, sour cream, soup, and green chiles. Add the chicken, salt, and pepper and mix to combine. In a large bowl, mix chicken broth, rice, cream cheese, green chiles, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper together until combined. Then spread the mixture in a large casserole dish.