Basic Bread Pudding Recipe. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics & Find your next favourite book Investment in Amazon Could Create You A Second Salary Every Month. Arrange the sliced bread in the baking dish in a pleasing way. In a separate bowl, beat together the milk, brown sugar, raisins, nutmeg and egg then pour over the bread.
Cut the crusts off the bread. Spread each slice with on one side with butter, then cut into triangles. Arrange a layer of bread, buttered-side up, in. You can have Basic Bread Pudding Recipe using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic Bread Pudding Recipe
- You need 4 slice of plain white bread.
- Prepare 250 ml of milk.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of castor sugar(or ordinary white sugar).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract(or essence).
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 25 grams of chocolate chips (I'd always use more).
In a large bowl combine the beaten eggs, cinnamon and cubed bread. Combine the sugar, vanilla, milk, and salt and pour into the baking dish over the bread cubes. The smell of bread pudding cooking gently in the oven will fill your house with delicious smells of warm spice, bread, fruit and lemon, simply scrumptious. Every recipe for bread pudding i found didn't include suet, until i came across yours.
Basic Bread Pudding Recipe instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C..
- Spread butter on the slices of bread. Use cookie cutters to cut the bread. Place in greased casserole..
- In a measuring cup, measure 250 ml of milk. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract into the measuring cup with the milk. Whisk to combine..
- Pour the milk mixture into the casserole with the bread. Let the bread soak up the mixture for 10 minutes..
- Add the chocolate chips on top..
- Bake the bread for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown..
My mum used to make this for the family, and i want to make it for mine. We all used to help squeezing the bread out, but we would have used milk. As an alternative to baking it my mum also used to steam it, which can be done when using suet, and also great with custard. This was a Sunday, if any left. This basic bread pudding recipe also includes nuts and dried fruit.