Korean Style Beef and Radish Seaweed Soup. Discover edible eductation and get cooking! The kitchen is the tastiest place to learn! Soegogi-muguk 쇠고기무국 Beef and radish soup is a very popular soup in Korea.
Korean Beef and Radish Soup for babies The flavor of this radish soup is very mild and soothing. It is just a combination of great beef stock + sweetness and clean taste of radish + garlic and sesame oil flavors that rounds out the dish. It is a great soup to feed your little ones too! You can have Korean Style Beef and Radish Seaweed Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Style Beef and Radish Seaweed Soup
- You need 400 g of Sliced beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of dried Wakame (soaked in water and drained).
- Prepare 200 g of Radish.
- It’s 2 of dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s of Mushroom dashi.
- It’s 1 tbsps of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 1.5 tbsps of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds and spring onions as garnish.
Seaweed soup with beef Soegogi miyeokguk 쇠고기 미역국 Miyeokguk is a soup made of edible seaweed and is traditionally eaten on birthdays or after giving birth, although you can eat anytime you like. Miyeok is rich in iodine, iron, and calcium and many people eat it to lower their cholesterol. It's Korean Beef and Radish Soup! For a quick Korean lesson: Seogogi (pronounced "soh-go-gee") means Beef and Mu (pronounced "moo") means radish.
Korean Style Beef and Radish Seaweed Soup instructions
- Heat up 1 tbsp sesame oil. Add beef to stir-fry till no longer pink..
- Add in Wakame and sliced radish and fry for about 5-8mins or till most of the water is absorbed..
- Add in mushroom dashi, mirin and minced garlic. Bring to a boil and simmer till radish is soft. Done!.
Now, this is a classic soup that all Koreans grow up eating. Drain well, and cut into bite sizes. The recipe below is for how I make it for Joey. I know others make it differently than I do. This is just my personal recipe for kids.