Yakisoba (Japanese stir fry noodles). Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Your favourite Japanese restaurants available on Deliveroo.
Chicken or beef would also work well instead of pork. Yakisoba (Stir Fried Japanese Noodles) is one of the most popular classic noodle dish in Japan and across the world. Super easy and satisfying one-pan dish. You can have Yakisoba (Japanese stir fry noodles) using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yakisoba (Japanese stir fry noodles)
- You need of Onion.
- You need of Carrot.
- It’s of Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Spring onions.
- It’s of bag Been sprouts optional.
- You need of Cabbage leaves.
- It’s of Sliced beef (Your chice of meats or seafood).
- Prepare of egg noodles.
- It’s of Yakisoba sauce(recipe below).
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Sugar(add more sugar, if needed.).
- Prepare of Toppings (Optional).
- Prepare of Aonori (dried green seaweed).
- Prepare of Pickled red ginger.
I usually made with tender chicken pieces, fresh crisp vegetables and homemade yakisoba sauce. Japanese food are very light, healthy and satisfying and I love to make them quite often. Whisk all ingredients for yakisoba sauce.and set aside. Slice the onion, cut the carrot into julienned strips, and slice the mushrooms.
Yakisoba (Japanese stir fry noodles) instructions
- To make Yakisoba sauce.Whisk all ingredients for yakisoba sauce.and set aside..
- To make Yakisoba.Slice the onion, cut the carrot into julienned strips, and slice the mushrooms..
- Chop the spring onion into 2 inch pieces, cut the cabbage into small bite pieces and cut the meat into 1 inch pieces..
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil on medium high heat. Cook the meat until no longer pink..
- Add the onion and carrot and cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the cabbage and been sprouts cook until almost tender..
- Lastly add the spring onion and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Season with freshly ground black pepper..
- Transfer the yakisoba noodles to a sieve and quickly run hot water over yakisoba noodle. Separate the noodles with hands. Add the noodles to the skillet/wok, and lower the heat to medium. It’s best to use tongs to combine the noodles with ingredients. Keep an eye on the noodles as they may stick to the skillet/wok..
- Add Yakisoba Sauce. Depending on the amount of ingredients, adjust the amount of sauce to use. Mix all together using tongs. Transfer to plates and garnish with dried green seaweed and pickled red ginger. Serve immediately..
In a skillet or wok, heat oil on medium high heat. Yakisoba Yakisoba is a classic Japanese street food made by stir-frying vegetables, meat and noodles with a sweet and savory sauce. My version retains the taste of authentic Yakisoba but adapts the technique and ingredients for non-Japanese kitchens. Yakisoba is a Japanese stir fry noodle dish similar to a Chinese chow mein. This is an easy way to bring Japanese flavours into your own kitchen without any hard-to-find ingredients.