Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting. All The Supplies, Food, Toys And Accessories You Need To Keep Your Pet Happy. Combine reserved filling and all frosting ingredients in bowl. Beat at high speed, scraping bowl often, until stiff peaks form.
Measure and sift the dry ingredients together. Gently spread the filling using a small offset spatula. Make the glaze by putting the caster sugar and orange juice into a saucepan, stirring over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. You can have Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting using 19 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting
- Prepare of For Orange Cake.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of cake flour.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 10 tablespoon of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of fresh grated orange zest.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pure orange extract.
- You need 1 cup of fresh orange juice.
- You need of For Orange Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting.
- Prepare 3 cups of cold heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pure orange extract.
- Prepare 1-3 ounce of box orange gelatin (jello).
- You need 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice.
Boil until reduced by half, then brush half on the upside-down cake, using a pastry brush. Spread half the butter icing over the glazed cake. Make the frosting: Cream the butter in the mixer. Add the confectioners' sugar and salt and combine thoroughly.
Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting step by step
- Make Orange Cake.
- Preheat the oven to350. Spray 3 – 8 inch cake pans well with bakers dpray.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and orange zest until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in after each egg. Beat in vanilla and orange extract.
- Add flour mixture alternating with orange juice just until combined, don't over beat.
- Divide batter evenly in prepared pans and bake 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan then remove to wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
- Make Orange Whipped Cream Filing and Frosting.
- Dissolve orange gelitin in boiling water, stirring until fully dissolved. Add cold orange juice and combine, refrigerate while whipping cream.
- Whip cream tosoft peaks.
- Beat in sugar, extracts, orange zest and cool but still liquid gelatin. Beat until cream holds its shape.
- Assemble cake.
- Place one cake layer, bottom side up on serving plate.
- Add some orange whipped cream.
- Add second cake layer, bottom up.
- Add some more orange filling.
- Add third cske layer and frost entire cake with the orange whipped cream. If the fillingvis still quite soft then you can refrigerate the cake and remaining frosting for about an hour to firm it up if frosting is difficult.
- Garnish with shaved chocoolate and orange sprinkles. Refrigerate cake at least 4 hours to allow whipped cream to firm up before slicing.
Add the orange zest and mix to combine. Add the orange juice and mix on high speed until well blended, scraping down the sides. Three layers of moist orange butter cake with a tangy whipped orange frosting between each layer. There's so much fresh flavor it's unbelievable! This triple layer orange cake recipe is made from scratch and it tastes like it!