Veggie Sweet Potato and Bean Curry. Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, veggie sweet potato and bean curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes.
Veggie Sweet Potato and Bean Curry is one of the most favored of recent trending. This gorgeous sweet potato and butterbean curry is the perfect back to uni meal. It's student friendly, you can make it in big batches and you can freeze it too! You can have Veggie Sweet Potato and Bean Curry using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Veggie Sweet Potato and Bean Curry
- You need of sweet potatoes.
- You need of butter beans (in water).
- It’s of chickpeas (in water).
- It’s of mixed beans (in water).
- It’s of coconut milk.
- Prepare of coconut oil.
- Prepare of cashew nuts.
- You need of curry powder.
- It’s of passata.
- You need of To serve: (optional).
- It’s of Rice.
- It’s of Naan bread.
- You need of Mango chutney.
It's really comforting and warming which is perfect for when the weather is cooler. I actually cook this one up for my family quite a lot because it's such a crowd pleaser! Peel and roughly chop the onion. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with a tablespoon of oil, the chilli, garlic, cream and some salt and pepper.
Veggie Sweet Potato and Bean Curry step by step
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small chunks..
- Smear the coconut oil on the bottom of the slow cooker (or melt in a pan if using the hob)..
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker (yes it really is this easy!).
- Stir to mix..
- Put on slow cooker setting low and leave for 4-6hrs. (If cooking on the hob cook for 1 hour, stirring regularly to prevent it sticking to the pan). Serve with rice, naan bread and mango chutney!.
Arrange half the sweet potato slices in the gratin dish, spreading them. You can check the potatoes by piercing them with a fork. Stir in the sweet potato and lentils, then add the coconut milk and stock. Whilst the curry is cooking, cook the rice according to packet instructions, drain and keep warm until serving. Cook the green beans in boiling salted water until just-cooked.