Homemade pizza sauce. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat, then add the onion along with a generous pinch of salt. Add the garlic and fry for a further min. Tip in the tomatoes and purée along with the bay, oregano and sugar.
The thickness of the sauce depends on the amount of water used; it should [.] Recipe by: Frank Sweterlitsch Drain the tomatoes through a sieve over a jug, pressing very lightly with the back of a spoon or ladle until about half the juice has been removed (see Recipe tips). Tip the tomatoes into a bowl. Tomato purée, olive oil, garlic and dried spices sit for hours to let the flavours blend in this interesting, uncooked pizza sauce. You can cook Homemade pizza sauce using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade pizza sauce
- Prepare 1 of ) 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes (or 2 14 oz cans).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar (you could probably do 1 tsp).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
The thickness of the sauce depends on the amount of water used; it should be somewhat viscous. The next time you're making homemade pizza, you might as well make some sauce too. This sauce is great, and super easy to make, but you should refrigerate it overnight to allow the flavors to meld. The best pizza sauce recipe is also the easiest no cook pizza sauce recipe!
Homemade pizza sauce instructions
- Pour the crushed tomatoes in a bowl. Add in the seasonings and stir to combine. It is officially ready to spoon onto your homemade pizza! It really is that easy! This makes the equivalent to 2 jars of pizza sauce. Just freeze the left overs in baggies or in plastic containers..
- Recipe Notes Consider doubling or tripling this recipe to save some for the freezer..
The best part is, it's also an authentic Italian recipe-so what are you waiting for? Next time you make pizza, this is your recipe! I am amazed at how many pizza sauce recipes I've found that are so complicated, include a laundry list of ingredients (including sugar!) and that are nothing like a pizza sauce that. Lift one of the bases onto another floured baking sheet. Smooth the sauce over the base with the back of a spoon, scatter over half the mozzarella, drizzle with olive oil and season.