Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Results for your search in United States Add garlic, remaining broth, tasso, brown sugar, bay leaves, salt, hot sauce, black pepper, Cajun seasoning, sage, chipotle pepper, cayenne pepper, reserved beans, and cooked sausage, stirring to combine. Add chopped parsley and green onion to red bean mixture.
Full of robust creole spices, smoky Andouille sausage, ham hock, the recipe is soulful comfort food all the way. Put the beans in the crockery insert of a slow cooker. Season the mixture with pepper and Creole seasoning. You can cook Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice
- Prepare 1 lb of dried red beans.
- Prepare 7 cup of water.
- You need 1 lb of andouille sausage or smoked sausage.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 of gumbo file (if desired).
Add the fresh basil leaves and ham hock. Add in the crock pot: the washed beans, onion, bell pepper, garlic, hambone, and bay leaf. Instructions Rinse and drain the beans. Add everything but the rice to the crock pot.
Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice instructions
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high heat for 4 to 5 hours or until beans are tender. Serve over hot cooked rice topped with gumbo file if desired..
- **Adapted from Southern Living**.
Season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, thyme, sage, parsley, and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Red Beans cook long and slow, with the perfect blend of seasonings. Can be made without the andouille sausage for a vegetarian option. Add the water and red beans along with garlic powder, onion powder, bay leaves, and dried thyme.