Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas). Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Boil water in a pot, add chicken until cooked and set aside.
Add back the chicken and Knorr Chicken Cube to boil and simmer. Sopas is a Filipino word that literally means soup. It is similar with the traditional dish in Italy that is sometimes served with beans. You can cook Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas)
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, cubed or strips.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 of garlic head, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of cooked macaroni or elbow pasta.
- It’s 1 of small carrot, jullienned or diced (none in photo).
- You need 1/4 of cabbage, in strips.
- Prepare 1/4 box of (+/- 60ml) all purpose cream.
- Prepare 1/2 of of chicken bullion cube.
- It’s 1/2-1 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- You need 1.5 L of Water.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need of Green onions to garnish (optional).
In this Filipino variation, it is a soup made with pasta (usually elbow macaroni), flaked chicken, vegetables, and milk. Chicken macaroni soup is a popular Filipino soup consisting of chicken mixed with some veggies like carrots and cabbage or pechay added with elbow macaroni and made creamy by adding either milk or all-purpose cream. It is delicious, creamy, hearty and filling. A filipino soup favorite made with elbow macaroni, milk and butter.
Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas) instructions
- Prepare ahead: half cook elbow pasta according to package instructions. Set aside. Also half cook (seasoned with S&P) chicken in a separate pot in 1/2 cup water then cut into cubesor strips. Set aside..
- Saute onions then garlic in oil in a pot..
- Once fragrant, add in your chicken and 1/2 c water. Boil until cooked and remove then cut into cubes or strips. Meanwhile add 1L water into the same pot and drop in the chicken bullion or broth cube..
- Return the cut chicken into the pot and add your elbow pasta, carrots, cabbage and All Purpose Cream (Nestlé or other brand). Get a spoon and get a knob of butter, add into the pot (optional). Stir until simmmering..
- Taste and season with salt & pepper. Adjust if you need to add more both cube. When satisfied, taste elbow pasta if okay to your liking. I like mine al denté. Remember it will continue cooking when you turn off the heat. Serve and garnish with snipped green onions..
This is perfect anytime you feel like having soup. Boil water in a pot, add chicken until cooked and set aside. How to Cook Sopas – Creamy Chicken Macaroni Soup Patreon: https The classic chicken soup consists of a clear chicken broth, often with pieces of chicken or vegetables; common. Saute onions then garlic in oil in a pot. Boil until cooked and remove then cut into cubes or strips.