Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce. This creamy butternut squash pasta sauce is a healthy hack to make a luxuriously creamy pasta dish that is much lower in calories. Blended cooked squash has such a smooth and velvety texture that you'd never believe this butternut squash pasta sauce is low fat and suitable for vegans! Heat a little oil in a large pan and add the butternut squash, garlic and onion.
Steam butternut squash on the stovetop with garlic and broth. In a separate pot, boil pasta, reserving pasta water. Add sauce to pasta and any vegetables you want to incorporate, add cheese, bake in the oven until heated through. You can have Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- It’s 2 of Butternut Squash.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s 12 oz of box Gluten Free Penne pasta.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Chicken broth.
- Prepare Half of and half.
- You need 1/4 of onion minced.
- It’s 2 of large cloves garlic minced.
- Prepare of Sun dried tomatoes cut up (as many as you like).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Cavender's Greek Seasoning.
- It’s of Pasta water.
How to make butternut squash pasta sauce. Leave to cool slightly then blend until smooth. Add the squash, creme fraiche, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized saucepan.
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce instructions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and cut both squash in half then scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash face down on baking tray with about a half a cup of water.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes.
- Take out oven and cool for 10 minutes then turn over and scoop out roasted squash and place into a pot on the stove with some butter.
- Meanwhile boil your pasta in another pot (save one cup of the pasta water) and saute the onion and garlic and cut up your sun dried tomatoes.
- Mash squash with a potato masher and turn the heat to LO on the stove top.
- Add chicken broth, half and half, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic and Cavender's and continue to stir until desired creaminess.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to the squash mixture. Add some pasta water to make it stick to the penne.Turn off heat and place top on the pot to let the pasta absorb the sauce !! 💗💗💋😘💗💗😋😋Serve immediately and ENJOY!!.
Add the onion, garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan. Add the water and raise heat to medium-high. Cook the tagliatelle in a saucepan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. When the pasta is done, reserve a cupful of the water and drain. Add the tagliatelle to the sauce a.