Southwest-style chicken soup. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Release pressure, season with salt to taste, and serve. Directions In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in corn, beans, broth, tomatoes and seasonings. You can have Southwest-style chicken soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southwest-style chicken soup
- You need 2 of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet onion, chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chipotle powder.
- It’s 1-28 oz of can diced tomatoes, including juice.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1-14 oz of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweet corn kernels.
- Prepare of Garnishes.
- You need of Cilantro, chopped.
- You need of Jalapeno pepper, chopped.
- Prepare of Avocado, sliced.
- Prepare of Sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Prepare of Lime wedges.
- Prepare of Tortillas, crisped.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese, grated.
This recipe for Southwest Chicken Soup combines a wide variety of flavors and textures. Seasoned with chili powder, garlic, and cumin, the flavors of the Southwest really stand out. The broth has tomato juice, diced green chili peppers, and chicken broth to create a deliciously fragrant base for the soup. Heat oil to medium in large soup pot.
Southwest-style chicken soup step by step
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes..
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side..
Brown meat, onion, garlic and spices. Add all canned ingredients and bring to low boil. Place a pile of chips in soup bowl. Ladle in soup, top with sour cream and cheese. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil.