Thick Chicken Soup Hungarian Style. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Here is how you achieve it.
They are a Hungarian family, and this is an old family recipe. As my husband always says, this soup is to die for. If you can't find it, use Madras curry powder. You can have Thick Chicken Soup Hungarian Style using 17 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thick Chicken Soup Hungarian Style
- Prepare of Part 1.
- You need 1/2 of each chicken.
- It’s 1 of cold water.
- Prepare 1 of each carrots.
- It’s 2 of each spears of celery.
- You need 1 of each onion.
- Prepare 1 of each red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of each parsnip.
- You need of Part 2.
- You need 2 of each egg yolks.
- You need 8 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s of Part 3.
- You need 1 of cilantro.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
I make mine soupy, but you can make a thick stew by reducing the amount of chicken broth and water by. Create An Easy Ancho Tortilla Soup At Home. At Progresso™ We're Passionate About Making Great Soup For You To Love. Great recipe for Thick Chicken Soup Hungarian Style.
Thick Chicken Soup Hungarian Style instructions
- How much water for this recipe? Say for 4 chicken thighs I used about 2 quarts of water. Enough to cover the chicken and all other stuff and make it a soup, not stew. Try to put right amount from the beginning so you don't have to be adding later. If you have to add – only add hot boiled water..
- May use half chicken or whatever other chicken parts you have handy. Put chicken in cold water. Bring to boil. Remove scam from the top. Let boil on slow for half an hour..
- Peel part 1 ingredients and put into the pan where chicken is boiling on slow.
- Boil on medium until veggies are done..
- Take out the veggies and the chicken and put into separate bowls.
- Remove bones, separate the chicken to chunks, no need to cut.
- Dice the carrots. Remove skin from the peppers. Cut peppers in strips..
- Put chicken, carrots, peppers back into the broth, and make it simmer. Should not be boiling..
- Put remaining veggies into the blender and puree them. Add to the chicken..
- Beat egg yolks in a clean bowl, until light in color..
- Add sour cream and blend well..
- Slowly add 1 cup or more of the chicken soup from the pan. The mixture should be pretty liquid..
- Add vinegar into the yolk-sour cream bowl and mix well..
- Chop cilantro and garlic. Keep them ready..
- Slowly pour egg mix into the soup. Keep mixing during the process. Bring to boil..
- Add garlic and cilantro immediately. Mix, bring to boil and turn off the heat.
- Let it stand for like half an hour to allow the flavours blend..
- You made it! Serve and enjoy..
You cannot spoil this recipe by adding more of this and less of that. Listen to yourself and the result will make you happy. Here is our homemade Hungarian chicken soup recipe, the way I. He was famous for being a passionate fond of gastronomy, he even ran his own tavern in Dohány street for a while. Ede Újházi was a frequent guest in Budapest's Wampetics restaurant where the famous soup was first prepared according to his instructions.