Enchiladas Rojas. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Enchiladas? Enchiladas rojas are serious comfort food, not unlike lasagna in Italy. Soft, warm, just a touch picoso , they're also thrifty.
Enchiladas rojas is one of those dishes that are cooked differently in every home. Each cook has his/her own recipe, so this is my own version based on my mom's way of cooking enchiladas Mexicanas. In my hometown, it is common to have enchiladas for breakfast or brunch and served with a slice of semi-dried salted meat known as "Cecina". You can cook Enchiladas Rojas using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Enchiladas Rojas
- It’s of Tortillas.
- It’s 1 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 lb of Queso Fresco (los altos is 👌🏼).
- You need 3 of tomatoes.
- It’s 5 of chiles Nuevo México (flat, red and long).
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion.
- Prepare 1 of Roma lettuce.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber.
- You need of Vegetable Oil.
Enchiladas Rojas There are many types of Enchiladas Rojas depending on the region, family, and what ingredients are available. For this particular version adapted from the cookbook- Enchiladas, I filled softened corn tortillas with shredded chicken and topped them with a red Guajillo Pasilla sauce, sliced onions, crema, and crumbled queso fresco. Remove saucepan from stove and let them cool, drain the peppers and place in the blender along with the garlic cloves. Alternatively stuff the tortillas with filling, roll them up, spread some sauce on baking dish, add rolled enchiladas, and pour sauce on top.
Enchiladas Rojas instructions
- Boil water in a pot, and heat 2 out of your 3 tomatoes, and your 5 chiles Nuevo México.
- Boil water in a separate medium pot and boil 1 chicken breast or 2 halves with salt to taste and a 1/4 of an onion…. cook throughly, roughly about 45 mins.
- Blend your heated tomatoes with your Nuevo México Chiles and the garlic clove, and add salt to taste..
- In a skillet, heat up a little bit of oil and add your blended mixture (you can strain it for no seeds, I don't do it tho) Simmer for about 1-2 mins on medium high.
- Chop up your Roma lettuce to top of your enchiladas with, cut your 1 tomato in juliets, slice your onion in juliets, and slice your cucumber in thin circles or halves. Set aside until your enchiladas are ready to be topped with..
- Crumble your Queso Fresco in a bowl and have ready to top your enchiladas with it😋.
- If your sour cream is too thick you can add milk to make it a little more runny, set aside until enchiladas are ready.
- Drain and shred your chicken breast.
- And now the ENCHILADAS!!!.
- Choice number 1: a good Mexican enchilada usually is prepped by heating oil in a skillet, dipping each tortilla one by one in your enchilada sauce and AFTER, heating it in your heated vegetable oil and removing from heat once cooked; adding your shredded chicken, rolling and topping it off with the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, Queso Fresco and sour cream. HOWEVER KERP IN MIND THIS IS VERY MESSY BUT SO GOOD! Your oil will splatter everywhere because of the chile sauce on your tortilla!! ⚠️⚠️⚠️.
- Choice Number 2: heat up your oil in a skillet, dip raw tortilla WITHOUT the sauce, cook softly throughly and dip your cooked tortilla into heated enchilada sauce after (this avoids the splatter, but it's not the "Mexican way" to make them lol. They're still very very good!!.
- Which ever way you choose to make them, stuff with your shredded chicken, roll, and top with your veggies, sour cream, and queso 👌🏼.
- TIP: I heat up all my tortillas in the oil, and dip into sauce after to avoid the splatter, place my wet and cooked tortillas on a plate, pile about 8 and then stop and roll them instead of making one tortilla and rolling. It's faster and less messy this way!.
- Serve Hot and Enjoy.
Top with shredded lettuce, crumbled queso fresco, onion, and sour cream. In this particular quick recipe I am using ground beef. You probably Know already that for any good enchiladas recipe the sauce is a very important, main ingredient. No worries here, I have a simple recipe for the sauce. FOR THE ENCHILADAS ROJAS Heat a separate pan to medium heat and add a bit of the remaining olive oil.