Chicken and Dumpling Soup. Light but nourishing soup so good for a rainy day! In a large stock pot or saucepan cover the chicken with salted water and simmer until cooked through. When tender, remove chicken from pot.
Cover and bring to a boil; skim foam. Directions In a small amount of cooking oil sweat the onion, carrots and celery. Add chicken, broth, green beans, barley, celery salt, parsley and bay leaves. You can cook Chicken and Dumpling Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- It’s of Soup.
- You need of chicken breasts.
- You need of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- You need of garlic.
- Prepare of frozen peas and carrots.
- You need of corn.
- You need of oregano.
- You need of thyme.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Dumplings.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of tblsp butter.
- It’s of milk.
Simmer until the barley is tender,. Chicken and dumpling soup is a lighter version of classic chicken and dumplings that's still creamy, hearty, and satisfying. The homemade dumplings are a breeze to make and are the perfect pillowy texture in this soup. The slow-cooker simmers chicken, potatoes, carrots, and celery in a creamy sauce made with Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, to be topped with tender dumplings made easy with baking mix.
Chicken and Dumpling Soup step by step
- Put chicken, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups chicken broth, garlic, peas, carrots, corn, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours..
- About half an hour before you’re ready to serve the soup, make the dumplings. Put the flour, sugar, salt, butter, baking powder, and milk in a bowl and mix together with a fork..
- Ladle some of the broth from the soup into a shallow pan and bring to a boil. Sometimes the soup is too thick to get enough broth, so I add an additional two cups of chicken broth before making the dumplings..
- Cook small clumps of the dumpling dough in the boiling broth. Cook about 4 minutes on each side until the inside is done..
- Add dumplings back to crockpot and serve..
By Campbell's Kitchen Steps to make Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipe Start by dicing an onion, celery and carrots. Add the spices and sauté, add the chicken, then add flour. Stir everything together and cook the flour for a minute or two. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit baking mix, parsley and remaining pepper.