Creamy Bacon Scalloped Potatoes. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Make scalloped potatoes in the slow cooker by lining the bottom of the cooker with sliced potatoes. Whisk the milk and flour in a small bowl and then pour the mixture over the top of the potatoes. Arrange one-third of potatoes over sauce, overlapping slices slightly.
So you have to use the best potatoes you can find – and here I used Albert Bartlett 'Rooster' potatoes which I discovered recently. Ultimate Creamy Deep-Dish Bacon Scalloped Potatoes. Directions In a small saucepan, melt butter. You can have Creamy Bacon Scalloped Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Bacon Scalloped Potatoes
- It’s 1/2 lb of Coarsely chopped bacon.
- Prepare 3 lb of Sliced thinly russet potatoes.
- It’s 1 large of Thinly sliced onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fresh ground pepper, or less if you prefer..
- Prepare 1 pints of Light cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan.
Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Place half the potatoes and onion inside the baking dish. Top the potatoes with half the crumbled bacon. Repeat layers with remaining potatoes, onion, flour, salt, pepper, and bacon.
Creamy Bacon Scalloped Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On the stovetop over medium heat, sauté bacon until lightly crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; save rendered grease in pan..
- Brush some bacon grease on bottom and sides of a 9×13-inch glass baking dish.Arrange one layer of sliced potatoes over bottom of baking dish..
- Scatter a handful of sliced onions. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.Drizzle 1 teaspoon bacon grease over onions; then sprinkle a handful of chopped bacon on top. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over layer.Add another layer of potatoes and onions; repeat, seasoning, bacon grease, bacon, and flour..
- Add one final layer of potatoes; sprinkle remaining salt and pepper.Pour cream and stock over potatoes to just cover the top layer. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until potatoes are tender, takes about an hour..
These Bacon and Cheese Scalloped Potatoes are rich and decadent and perfect for your holiday meal, Easter, or Sunday dinner. They're made with thinly sliced potatoes, crispy bacon and have a creamy cheese sauce. These scalloped potatoes can be made ahead of time. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Creamy scalloped potatoes with bacon recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Creamy scalloped potatoes with bacon recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends.