Chicken Curry Soup. Instructions Melt the butter and a splash of oil (optional) in a large pot. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a minute before adding the spices. Chuck carrots, onion and potato into a saucepan with the chicken stock.
Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. Stir in the spices, frying for a minute until aromatic, then add the tomato purée. Add the chicken and cook until starting to colour. You can have Chicken Curry Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry Soup
- It’s 2 lb of chicken breast diced.
- It’s 4 of red chilis.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño.
- You need 1 of large stump of ginger.
- You need 1/2 of small jar of red curry paste.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper (red).
- It’s 1 of bell pepper (green).
- You need 1 head of broccoli.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of green beans.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2 cans of coconut milk or cream.
- You need 3 tbs. of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 of lime, juiced.
- It’s 1 bundle of cilantro.
- It’s 1 of large white onion.
Combine the cream of chicken soup and chicken stock in a saucepan; whisk to blend. Add the heavy cream and stir to blend. Add the diced cooked chicken to the saucepan along with about half of the curry powder and stir to blend thoroughly. Taste and add more curry powder, if desired and add salt and pepper, as needed.
Chicken Curry Soup step by step
- Dice onion, ginger, jalapeño, and chili peppers (remove seeds for a more mild flavor). Cook in coconut oil for about 4 minutes..
- Add diced chicken and curry paste. Cook for 5-10 minuets..
- Add greenbeans, broccoli, and bell peppers. Cook for 3-5 minuets..
- Add coconut milk and heavy whipping cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Add lime juice and cilantro before serving. Salt and pepper to taste..
Method Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and gently fry until soft. Chicken jalfrezi is up there as a curry house favourite and this version by Simon Rimmer shows it's as easy as anything to make at home. Stir though the yogurt, coriander and ground almonds, season and serve with warm naan or fluffy basmati rice. This cozy chicken curry soup is made with the most delicious creamy curry broth, and filled with tender chicken and your choice of veggies. Feel free to sub chickpeas or white beans in place of chicken, to make this soup vegetarian/vegan.