Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Check Out Tortilla Soup on eBay.
This soup is amazing and simple. In a large pot, saute first four ingredients until tender. Add the remaining ingredients in the ingredients list up to and including the chicken (also include the bouillon water and the remaining water). You can have Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1 of Rotisserie Chicken shredded… I discarded the skin.
- You need 28 oz of crushed tomatoes (1 large can).
- Prepare 2 of 10 ounce cans of enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions chopped or 2 teaspoons onion powder.
- You need 8 oz of chopped green chilies.
- You need 2 of cloves minced garlic.
- You need 2 of 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 20 oz of frozen corn.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1 of Optional Garnishes- avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime, and tortilla chips (broken into pieces).
Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about an hour. Light and Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup is hearty soup is filled with shredded chicken, tomatoes, corn and creamy refried beans. This easy chicken tortilla soup has all the creamy comfort without the cream!
Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir..
- Cool on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours..
- Taste soup about an hour before done and if it tastes too strong add water and continue cooking..
- Garnish as desired..
If you enjoy this soup recipe you should also try my classic Chicken Tortilla Soup or my CrockPot Chicken Enchilada Soup. Add all the ingredients, except the cheese, corn tortilla strips and avocados to your crock pot. Take out the chicken, shred it, and add it back to the soup. Add cheese just before serving, and top each serving with your favorite toppings (we like corn tortilla strips and avocado). This is a wonderful and full flavored soup that doesn't even hint that it happens to be a lite soup.