Chicken Tortilla Soup. Low Prices on Knorr Chicken Noodle Soup. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Healthy Soups? Check Out Healthy Soups on eBay.
When the liquid comes to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 4 of Chicken Leg Quarters.
- You need 12 cup of Water (just to fill a medium-large pot).
- You need 1 of Large Onion.
- Prepare 10 of Garlic Cloves (ruffly choped).
- You need of Cabbage (cut into strips) for toping.
- It’s 1 3/4 of Avocado (cut into half slices) for topping.
- It’s 1 bunch of Green Onion (choped or topping).
- Prepare 1 of Shreded Monetary Jack Cheese.
- Prepare 12 of Tortillas cut into strips (fried or backed into chips) or store bought tortilla strips.
- You need 1 cup of Sour Cream (avocado sour cream sauce).
- Prepare 1 can of El Pato Enchilada Sauce.
- It’s 1 can of El Pato Tomato Hot Sauce.
- It’s 2 can of Diced Tomatoes With Green Chillies.
- You need 1 cup of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oregano Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Salt And Peper.
- You need 1/4 of Avocado mashed (avocado sour cream sauce).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice (avocado sour cream sauce).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder (avocado sour cream sauce).
- It’s 1/4 of Onion (finely choped).
Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in chilli powder, oregano, tomatoes, stock and water. Add the onions and cook for two minutes. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalapenos and cook for another minute.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Fill large pot with water and boil leg quarters untill just cooked..
- Remove leg quarters but leave water and remove from heat. Let legs cool..
- While legs cool prep all ingredients that need cutting or mashing..
- Add garlic cloves, 3/4 of onion, oregano powder, chilli powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, all cans and salt and peper to water..
- Take all chicken off bones and dice.
- Add chicken back into soup. Let cook for about 20-30 minutes..
- Make sour avocado sour cream sauce. Mix all ingredients well..
- Put soup in bowl top with cheese, onions, cabbage, avocado sour cream sauce, sliced avocados,tortillas strips and green onion as garnish for color..
- Eat and ENJOY :).
Pour the chicken broth, tomatoes and beans into the pot and bring to a boil. Throw in the onions, green and red. In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. For the Chicken Tortilla Soup: Saute jalapeno and onion until fragrant (remove the jalapeno seeds to make it less spicy) Add everything else and simmer Remove the chicken and shred it with a couple of forks Add the chicken back in Serve it with tortilla strips and desired toppings Tortilla soup is a traditional Mexican dish, loaded with chicken and corn with spicy jalapeno in a tasty tomato and garlic broth.