Chicken Tortilla Soup. Put the chicken in a large pan with the whole and dried chillies, garlic, coriander stalks and cinnamon, cover with cold water, then set over a medium heat. When the liquid comes to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil.
Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s of Chicken Leg Quarters.
- It’s of Water (just to fill a medium-large pot).
- You need of Large Onion.
- Prepare of Garlic Cloves (ruffly choped).
- It’s of Cabbage (cut into strips) for toping.
- You need of Avocado (cut into half slices) for topping.
- You need of Green Onion (choped or topping).
- It’s of Shreded Monetary Jack Cheese.
- Prepare of Tortillas cut into strips (fried or backed into chips) or store bought tortilla strips.
- It’s of Sour Cream (avocado sour cream sauce).
- It’s of El Pato Enchilada Sauce.
- Prepare of El Pato Tomato Hot Sauce.
- Prepare of Diced Tomatoes With Green Chillies.
- You need of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Oregano Powder.
- Prepare of Chili Powder.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Salt And Peper.
- You need of Avocado mashed (avocado sour cream sauce).
- It’s of Lemon Juice (avocado sour cream sauce).
- You need of Garlic Powder (avocado sour cream sauce).
- Prepare of Onion (finely choped).
Stir in chilli powder, oregano, tomatoes, stock and water. Add the onions and cook for two minutes. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalapenos and cook for another minute. Pour the chicken broth, tomatoes and beans into the pot and bring to a boil.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Fill large pot with water and boil leg quarters untill just cooked..
- Remove leg quarters but leave water and remove from heat. Let legs cool..
- While legs cool prep all ingredients that need cutting or mashing..
- Add garlic cloves, 3/4 of onion, oregano powder, chilli powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, all cans and salt and peper to water..
- Take all chicken off bones and dice.
- Add chicken back into soup. Let cook for about 20-30 minutes..
- Make sour avocado sour cream sauce. Mix all ingredients well..
- Put soup in bowl top with cheese, onions, cabbage, avocado sour cream sauce, sliced avocados,tortillas strips and green onion as garnish for color..
- Eat and ENJOY :).
In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. Bring a bit of the Southwest to your table with this spirit-warming soup. Loaded with tender chicken, diced tomatoes, and plenty of seasonings, it's sure to be requested again and again. Chicken Tortilla Soup This is truly the best chicken tortilla soup!