Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta. Created by Spanish Chef Javier De La Hormaza. Sold to top Restaurants in UK. Great recipe for Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta.
Just a touch of pink in the middle. I served with sautéed mushrooms onion and garlic. Eye of round is a steak that can not be cooked rare. You can have Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta
- It’s 6 of eye of round steaks.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- It’s of White pepper.
- You need of Montreal steak seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of LG onion, cut into long thin strips.
- It’s 1 lb of crimini mushrooms, sliced thin.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cream sherry.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter, divided.
- You need 4-6 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- You need of For the polenta.
- You need 1/4 cup of minced onion.
- It’s 3-4 of large jalapeños, seeded and minced.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk or half&half.
- It’s 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 pinch of Cajun spice.
- You need 1 cup of shredded white cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow corn meal.
- You need of For the cauliflower.
- It’s 1 of LG head cauliflower, cut into florets.
- Prepare 2 tbs of oil.
- It’s of Cajun spice.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare Pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare of Louisiana hot sauce.
It lends best to being cooked medium rare. Just a touch of pink in the middle. I served with sautéed mushrooms onion and garlic. Thin Sliced Round Steak Recipes See great recipes for Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta too!. […] This Crock Pot Philly Cheese Steak recipe gets rave reviews!
Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta step by step
- Cover both sides of the steaks with sea salt, white pepper, and Montreal seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Drizzle oil and sprinkle seasonings to taste over them. Toss to coat. Place in a baking dish and roast at 375 until tender. When done, add hot sauce to taste..
- For the steaks, heat a fry pan over medium heat. Add.
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a frying pan. Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic over medium low heat until carmelized. When carmelized, turn heat up to medium and add sherry. Deglaze until all liquid is reduced..
- Start steaks and polenta at the same time..
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add a touch of oil. Sear steaks on one side. About 3-4 minutes. When nice and browned on one side, flip. Add 3 tbs butter and rosemary sprigs to the pan. Baste with a spoon for 3 or 4 minutes again. Remove when steaks are medium rare. Let steaks rest 3 minutes..
- At the same time in a saucepot, saute the onion and jalapeños for the polenta. Just until onions become translucent. Do not brown. Add water, milk, bouillon, and spices. Bring to a boil. When boiling, slowly whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to low. Cook until you have a smooth polenta with no lumps or gritty texture. Add cheese and mix well..
- To plate, place polenta on the bottom. Put a steak on top. Spoon a little of the pan juice over it. Cover with sautéed mushrooms and onion. Serve cauliflower on the side. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
It's easier than it sounds, trust me. Eye of Round Steaks are cooked until they reach fork-tender deliciousness! Browse all the best eye of round steak. Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta. Great recipe for Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta.