Barbecue beef roast. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from pan juices and thicken juices if desired. Fire up the coals and grill some juicy steaks, burgers and more. You can cook Barbecue beef roast using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Barbecue beef roast
- Prepare 2 lb of boneless beef roast.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth or stock.
- You need of mild barbecue sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of catsup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of orange marmalade.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Lowry's seasoning salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red peppers (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
From Texas barbecue brisket, to beer-braised short ribs and steak salads, we've got plenty of barbecue beef recipes to inspire. When the grill is ready, season the beef well with salt and pepper and cook just as if you were roasting. How long the roast takes to barbecue depends on the size of the beef roast and the cut of the meat. Preheat a gas grill by turning one burner on high, and the other burners on low.
Barbecue beef roast instructions
- Combine ingredients (except honey) for barbecue sauce..
- Place roast in glass dish and cover with sauce. Let stand in refrigerator overnight..
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cut up onion and place in bottom of roasting pan..
- Remove roast from marinade (reserve sauce) and place roast on top of onions..
- Add beef broth or stock. Cover pan and put in oven. After an hour, baste with juices..
- During second hour in oven, check temperature every 20 minutes: 140°F = rare, 160 = medium, 170 = well done..
- Heat and stir reserved sauce until volume drops by 1/3. Add honey..
- Remove roast and let stand. Add onions to barbecue sauce and run through blender..
- Slice roast and serve with barbecue sauce..
With a sharp knife, poke slits into the roast beef large enough to fit your garlic. In a small bowl, mix smoked paprika, salt, chipotle, coffee, cocoa, and coconut sugar. Rub the spice mixture all over the beef including on the ends. The great beauty of barbecue spit roasted beef is that you can set it off when the fire is hot and this will sear the outside and the inside will gently cook as your fire naturally subsides until beautifully tender. Take care when inserting the rotisserie or spit rod both from a safety perspective and also try to balance the meat.