Enchiladas. Enchiladas are the perfect crowd pleaser for family and friends. Chicken, beef, turkey or veggie we have plenty of recipes to choose from to make the ultimate Tex-Mex feast. Load tortillas with a filling of your choice, then top with tomato sauce and cheese to make enchiladas.
Make your very own hot and cheesy enchiladas, the delicious Mexican equivalent to a comforting lasagne. One of the few Mexican dishes that benefits from a knife and fork, Enchiladas are soft corn tortillas wrapped around tender chicken and baked in the oven in a rich and tangy tomato sauce. These hefty dishes are a firm family favourite and everyone should leave the table feeling satisfied. You can have Enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Enchiladas
- Prepare 1 can of salsa las palmas.
- It’s 1 cup of Monterey jack cheese.
- You need 1 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 4 of small red potatoes.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of water as needed.
- It’s 18 of tortillas.
Our recipes below include a classic chicken and cheese and also a few variations such as Tuna & Pepper. For best results, defrost the enchiladas thoroughly, then cook following the recipe. If necessary, they can be cooked from frozen. A Tex-Mex favourite, this is a dish your whole family will love!
- Put water in a pot & boil the potatoes. Get another pot & pour water & let it boil then place the chicken breast. Wait until they're fully cook then place them to cool..
- Peel the potatoes & smash them. Shred the chicken by hand then u mix it with the smash potatoes add the salt, pepper, & butter together..
- Heat the tortillas in pan or in microwave. Let them get soft not fully cooked..
- Dip the tortillas in the Palma sauce & start putting in ur smash potatoes with chicken. Start rolling them into flautas & dip in the sauce again then Start placing them in ur greased pan..
- Preheat oven at 350° after all ur enchiladas are in ur pan spread the cheese on top. Place them in oven & wait until the cheese on top is melted it should take about 15-20 min..
- Take out let them cool for about 5-10 mins or u could eat them right away just make sure not to burn urself..
- Now enjoy them.
You'll need a can of red kidney beans in chilli sauce, which makes a fairly mild chilli mix, but you can add some extra heat by stirring in some dried chilli flakes before simmering. And if you fancy a bit more heat, you could scatter a few sliced canned jalapeños or finely chopped red chilli over the crème fraîche. Easy Enchiladas This easy recipe for Tex-Mex cheese enchiladas is a family favorite! Just lightly fry corn tortillas, roll them up with Jack or cheddar cheese, cover with a tomato and green chile sauce, more cheese, and bake. In a medium, non-stick frying pan over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear.