Bottom Round Steak. Created By You & Made By Us. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders The bottom round steak is obtained from the round primal cut which is found in the cow's rear end and the back leg. These cuts are sometimes coveted because the muscles in this area are lean.
As seen in our guide to all beef cuts, the Bottom Round steak is cut from a large piece of meat more often found as a roasting joint. From the hindquarters, the round cuts are very different from other more tender cuts. Bottom Round steak has a great flavor similar to Top Round steak. You can have Bottom Round Steak using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bottom Round Steak
- You need 2-3/4 pound of bottom round steak.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of Adolfs meat tenderizer.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of coarse pink Himalayan salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of liquid smoke divided.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter divided into four pats.
- It’s 1/4 cup of beef broth.
Which type of dish are you looking for? Gravy Stew Sandwich Pot Roast Kebab No Preference. Common Names: Bottom Round London Broil; Western Griller; Description: This lean steak is best in a tenderizing marinade and cooked to no more than medium rare doneness. Cut the steak into serving-sized pieces.
Bottom Round Steak step by step
- Cut the steaks into four servings.
- Gather the dry seasonings I always taste the meat tenderizer to see how salty it is. This way I can tell if I need to add more salt or not..
- Put into a mortar then crush it..
- It's very easy to incorporate all the seasonings to make sure for a more even coverage of all the seasonings..
- Add seasonings to the steaks..
- Add the steaks to a bowl add liquid smoke. Cover and bring up to room temperature naturally..
- I let mine sit for quite a while. Preheat the oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sear the meat..
- Both sides..
- Add butter to tops and beef broth. Move to the oven and roast for 15 minutes..
- Let rest 5 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy. I kept these juices for a future recipe it's in the freezer..
Bottom round steak is an economical cut and is usually less expensive because it tends to be tough and requires special care in cooking. Many recipes call for marinating for several hours, cooking with moisture or cooking slowly in a crockpot. I recently found a way to prepare round steak that doesn't include any of the above. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking, flipping occasionally, until the steak reaches the desired level of doneness. Bottom round steak is often referred to as western steak, griller steak, Swiss steak and chuck arm, to name a few.