Quinoa Turkey Meatloaf. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet. The mixture will be very moist.
Spread top of loaf with ketchup. Add the turkey, vegetables, quinoa, egg and a bit more salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Transfer the meat mixture to the loaf pan, smoothing the top over with a wooden spoon. You can have Quinoa Turkey Meatloaf using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quinoa Turkey Meatloaf
- It’s 20 oz of Ground turkey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Bragg's amino acids.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- You need 1 of Diced red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Diced poblano pepper.
- Prepare 1 small of diced onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cooked quinoa – cooled.
- You need 2 dash of White pepper.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of topping.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of Brown sugar (we use a Splenda blend).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chipotle Tabasco hot sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of optional.
- Prepare 6 slice of Bacon.
The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking tray. Healthy Turkey Meatloaf made with Quinoa – a delicious healthy option which is low in fat, cholesterol and sodium and great for family dinners. Add egg, ground meat, quinoa, soy sauce and black pepper to the bowl, and mix gently with your hands.
Quinoa Turkey Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175 c).
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook peppers and onion about 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Let cool..
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey, cooked quinoa, onion-pepper-garlic mix, bragg's amigos, egg, salt and pepper, and liquid smoke. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into loaf on lined baking sheet or use a loaf pan..
- If you are going to use bacon, place slices on top of loaf, single layer..
- Mix together ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and chipotle Tabasco. Spread on top of the loaf..
- Cook for 1 hour. If the top starts to burn too badly, tent with foil. Check temp with a meat thermometer, should indicate 165f, when inserted into the thickest part. We have had to continue to bake several times, but our oven is on its way out!.
Spread top of loaf with ketchup or barbecue sauce. Mix the two kinds of meat and the eggs together in a large bowl. Add the quinoa vegetable mixture, and stir until completely combined. Put the turkey mince, egg, breadcrumbs and cooled onion mix in a large bowl and season well. Mix everything to combine, then shape into a rectangular loaf and place in a large roasting tin.