Lebanese Shaabiyat. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Great Products On eBay.
You do not want clumpy texture but rather a very. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a Pyrex dish, cover with plastic wrap. Instructions Start by making the simple syrup by adding all the ingredients stirring well over medium heat until it thickens, let it. You can have Lebanese Shaabiyat using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lebanese Shaabiyat
- You need 2 of Homemade puff pastry sheets.
- You need 1 batch of ashta cream.
- You need of For the simple syrup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Recipe of Astha cream.
- Prepare 250 ml of whole milk.
- You need 1 Tablespoons of vinegar or strained fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of rose water(optional.
- You need 250 ml liter of whole milk.
- It’s of For the milk pudding :.
- It’s 1/4 cup of corn flour.
- You need as needed of Almonds chopped for garnishing (optional).
Bake your puff pastry according to package directions. Drizzle with simple syrup while hot. Now with a sharp knife cut each cup in. Turn of the heat, add in Ashta and mix well, until you get a homogeneous mixture (you can use the electric mixer/blender for better result).
Lebanese Shaabiyat instructions
- Start by making the simple sugar syrup by adding all the ingredients stirring well over medium heat until it thickens, let it cool to room temperature..
- Prepare the ashta cream filling.
- Procedure of Astha Cream In a saucepan add 1 liter whole milk and bring just to boil over medium heat(don't let boil), add vinegar and stir once. See the milk immediately starting to curdle and turns to a clear colour.
- Add rose water and stir, after 1 minute turn of heat and use a spatula to collect the Ashta/Clottted Cream (cottage cheese)from the surface and place them into a strainer. Let cool completely at room temperature then transfer glass container..
- In a clean pot add 1/2 whole milk and corn flour, mix well using a hand mixer,put over medium heat and keep stirring tell milk thickens(around 5-8 mins.
- Turn of the heat, add in Ashta and mix well, until you get a homogeneous mixture (you can use the electric mixer/blender for better result)..
- Transfer ashta to glass container and let cool at room temperature,then you can use it as a filling or keep in your refrigerator well sealed for 2 weeks..
- Cut the pastry sheets into small rectangular shapes.
- Bake your puff pastry in 200 ℃,in a pre heated oven for 15 to 20 mins.
- Drizzle with simple syrup while hot on baked pastry.
- Fill in between (2 pastry)with approximately a tablespoon of the ashta cream.
Instructions Start by making the simple sugar syrup by adding all the ingredients stirring well over medium heat until it thickens,. Directions In a saucepan mix together heavy whipping cream ,sugar ,cornstarch and turn on the stove keep stirring every few minutes. In a saucepan mix together sugar water and turn on stove on medium heat when start bubbling add lemon juice and then. Take out the defrost phyllo dough and split. Beautifully sweet, but not too sweet.