Creamy potato&chicken soup. Place the potato slices and grated garlic in a bowl and season to taste. Pour over the cream and mix well. Pour into a large gratin dish.
When the potatoes are tender, tilt the lid of the pan and pour off the water. Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. You can cook Creamy potato&chicken soup using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy potato&chicken soup
- It’s 2 of large potatoes.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- You need 1/4-1/2 of a chicken breast.
- You need of Thyme, salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbls of butter, 1 tbls of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Cheese.
- It’s of Fresh cream.
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Place the potato slices into a large bowl, pour over the cream mixture, sage leaves and half the cheese. Drain potatoes and add to the bowl, mix to coat.
Creamy potato&chicken soup step by step
- Chopp 2 large potatoes and an onion into a soup pot and add the chicken breast.
- Add 1 table spoon of butter, 1 tbls of oil 1 tea spoon of salt and pepper and thyme.
- Stir fry it for as long as possible (careful to not burn the onion) keep stirring on a low heat for at least 10mn or 15mn.
- Add over half a liter of water or chicken broth or vegetable broth (your choice).
- Let simmer on a low heat for 25mn until the vegies absorbs most of the broth.
- Remove from the stove and, remove the chicken breast,.
- Add your cheese of choice,(i used regular white cheese for toast) and a cup of fresh cream and mix till smooth.
- Cut the chicken breast in slices or in cubes and add it back to the soup, and serve!.
Place the potato mixture into an ovenproof casserole dish. Not in layers, allow this dish to be rustic. Toss the potatoes in the creamy mixture, then layer them in the gratin dish, spreading them as flat and evenly as you can. The gratin is ready when the top is golden and bubbling and the potatoes are tender. You may want to turn the oven.