Cream of Chicken Soup. Gradually pour in the stock and the milk, stirring every few minutes and allow to come to the boil. Pour the soup into a food processor or blender in batches and puree until smooth. Transfer back into the soup pot, add as much cream as you like and season with salt and pepper.
Chop the remaining chicken and stir into the soup. Scatter with thyme leaves, to serve. Remove from the heat and use a stick blender (or a regular blender if you prefer) to whizz the soup until reasonably smooth. You can have Cream of Chicken Soup using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Chicken Soup
- You need 1 Cup of Boiled & Shredded Chicken.
- You need 1 Cup of Boiled & Cubed Chicken.
- You need 4 tbsps of Salted Butter.
- You need 2 tbsps of Maida (AP Flour).
- It’s 250 ml of fresh & boiled milk.
- You need 500 gms of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 4-5 of Garlic Cloves (Roughly Chopped).
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Black Peppercorns (Freshly Cracked).
- Prepare To Taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh/Dry Parsley.
- You need 2-3 Sprigs of the Celery.
Return the pan to the heat (see tip). Stir in the cream and reserved chicken, then bring up to a simmer. Check the seasoning, then stir in the reserved parsley (see Make Ahead). Cook over a low heat, stirring, until the soup thickens.
Cream of Chicken Soup step by step
- Wash, Clean & Boil the Chicken with the aforementioned ingredients (spices & veggies) & strain it when done- keep the strained chicken stock/broth aside, for its later use.
- Allow it to cool down a bit- Keep some as the shredded pieces & cut some to the cubes…Blend it to the Chicken Purée (with the shredded chicken)- set aside.
- Now, in a large pan/saucepan- Add in the butter, maida & mix well quickly stirring continuously, so as to avoid any lumps in it.
- Add in the milk now- Keep stirring continuously in order to get everything well combined & bring it to a boil.
- At this point: Add in the reserved Chicken Stock & stir well enough & bring this to the boil again….
- Add in the Chicken Purée now- mix everything together until well incorporated…Add in the cubed/diced chicken pieces now.
- Add in the salt & freshly ground black peppers.
- Add in the fresh parsley (chopped) or if using dry one- sprinkle about a tsp of it & mix well.
- Now, add in the freshly whisked cream into it- mix all well together by stirring continuously & bring to the final boil….
- Turn off the flame now: Add into it- some more Parsley, freshly ground black peppers & a dollop of butter.
- Give everything a gentle final mix…garnish with some fresh cream, fresh parsley, black peppers.
- Enjoy your the most delectable MEAL of the day (for me it’s Dinner- I’ve had this now)…the CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP with some garlic bread (I’ve had that- with the French Baguettes).
Chicken is heated with celery, onion, chicken stock, peanut butter and cream. Pick off any bits of chicken you can and set aside in fridge to add back into the soup later. Whisk the cream with the egg yolk until smooth. When the soup is heated through (piping hot to serve), remove it from the heat and, in a slow, steady stream, add the cream and egg yolk mixture, stirring or whisking until it has completely combined with the soup. Blend the soup with a stick blender in the pan or blend in batches in a food processor until smooth.