Traditional Crock pot Roast. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders At The Official QVC Website. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and sprinkle it with the steak seasoning. The easiest way to cook a pot roast is in a slow cooker or Crock Pot.
Chuck roast for pot roast is good, but rump roast , bottom round , or a beef brisket can work as well. Directions In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place roast on top of vegetables; sprinkle with steak seasoning. You can have Traditional Crock pot Roast using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Traditional Crock pot Roast
- Prepare 1 of 2-3 lb chuck arm roast.
- It’s 5 of med. Unpeeled yukon gold potatoes cut in half and bite size.
- You need 1 of large onion quarterd.
- You need 2 of large carrots cut into 1/2" coins.
- You need 2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 of tbls. Worchestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 of tsps. Red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp. of Salt and 1/4. Tsp. Black pepper.
Place carrots, onion, garlic and potatoes into the slow cooker. Pour in beef broth, then set the browned chuck roast on top. Instructions Place the pot roast in a crock pot and sprinkle on the seasoning. Add the peppers and juice, then the broth.
Traditional Crock pot Roast instructions
- Brown roast in skillit with 3 tbs. Olive oil. Brown on all sides on med. High 3 to 5 mins on each side until dark brown. Remove roast to plate. Brown the potaoes and onion until deep brown. Spray crock with cooking spray and add carrots and browned onions and potatoes. Put roast on top of veggies. Back to skillit, pour broth and worchestershire sauce and red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and cook on med. Until blended and crispy bits from pan are loosened. (about 2 mins.).
- Pour over roast and veggies. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. After it's done you can make gravy out of juices. Pour juices into sauce pan add 1/4 cup half+ half and 3/4 milk. Bring to a soft boil. Add 1/3 cup flour and 2/3 cup of cold water in a small bowl and whisk with fork until blended. Slowly pour into juices and milk and whisk until thick. Cook for 2 mins..
Choose a roast with lots of good marbling. That's fat will be making the meat fall apart by the time it's finished cooking. Turn slow cooker onto low heat. Add onion and garlic to the bottom of slow cooker, then place pot roast portion on top of them. Add vegetables: carrots, celery, potatoes and arrange around the sides of the pot roast, pour broth and red wine in over the meat and vegetables then season with garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper.