Vanilla Butter Cake. Vanilla extracted with both water and alcohol, such as Watkins, provides. Gradually add flour – Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. This is a classic, simple Vanilla Sponge Cake that is made with basic ingredients – eggs, milk, butter, flour, sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt.
Beat in whole eggs, one at a time, adding a tbsp of flour with each. I've shown it here as cupcake frosting, but it's extremely versatile and can be used for all sorts of cakes and desserts – cupcakes, sandwich/layer cakes, macarons and, my favourite, as a delicious buttercream layer beneath the fondant icing on the decorated celebration cakes I make for my family. If you're making my all-in-one vanilla sponge birthday cake, then this is the recipe I use. You can have Vanilla Butter Cake using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Butter Cake
- It’s 1 of Melted butter (to grease).
- You need 450 grams of (3 cups) self-raising flour.
- Prepare 150 grams of (1 cup) plain all purpose four.
- You need 440 grams of (2 cups) caster sugar.
- Prepare 300 grams of Room temperature butter.
- It’s 310 ml of (1 1/4 cups) milk.
- It’s 6 of eggs at room temperature.
- You need 3 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 cup of Icing sugar.
Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Cream the butter and blend in the caster sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
Vanilla Butter Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 140*C.
- Spray a ring-shaped tin with cooking spray.
- Place the self-raising flour,plain flour,sugar,butter,milk,eggs and vanilla essence into a large bowl.
- Use a electric beater on high speed for about 40 seconds or until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon mixture into pan and tap pan on hard surface until all bubbles rise and disappear.
- Bake in oven for one hour.
- Once cake is cooled spread icing sugar on top to decorate.
Sift the flour and salt into a small bowl and set aside until needed. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually add the vanilla extract and combine. Combine the oil, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and sugar in a mixer bowl. Add confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and salt with the mixer running on low.