Brown rice rasiao kheer (pudding) recipe. Brown rice rasiao kheer (pudding) recipe Shubhra Ambuj Hyderabad. If using white basmati rice, cook for. Blend almond milk with the cashews until smooth.
Stir the milk, evaporated milk, almond extract and sugar into the rice; add the cinnamon stick. Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until the dish is of. Pour the milk into a heavy-based pan and heat gently (you can preheat the milk in a jug in the microwave then transfer the hot milk to the pan, to save time, if you prefer). You can have Brown rice rasiao kheer (pudding) recipe using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown rice rasiao kheer (pudding) recipe
- You need 1 cup of Brown rice Soaked in water for 3 hours.
- Prepare 1 liter of Milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Jaggery.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dry fruits like almonds and cashew nuts.
- You need 1 pinch of Cardamom Powder.
Transfer poha into a Pressure cooker. Add the milk and cardamom powder. Dissolve jaggery in a little water and filter it to remove impurities. Chop the nuts and keep it aside.
Brown rice rasiao kheer (pudding) recipe step by step
- Take soaked brown rice in a wok and add 2 cups of water, let them cook slowly if required add more water as brown rice takes time in cooking, if you don't have patience then pressure cook it and put is in a wok then..
- If rice turns soft then half the process is over..
- Add milk in the same wok along with cardamom and keep stirring and cooking them unless they turns thick..
- Meanwhile add half a cup of water in jaggery and prepare liquid consistency..
- As kheer become thick then lower the flame add chopped dry fruits of your choice..
- Add liquid jaggery and mix them well and switch off the flame. Rasiao is ready to be served..
Combine milk and rice in a pan and cook on low flame till milk reduces a little, stirring from time to time. Add Basmati rice, and simmer over low heat. I used the rice/milk proportion that the recipe called for and cooked the kheer uncovered. I worried that the kheer was too thin so I raised the heat and boiled some of the milk off. However when the kheer cooled it was too thick.