Loaded Potato Soup. What more could you want in a Loaded Potato Soup? Once your potato soup is thick and bubbly, top it with bacon, cheese and green onions for a restaurant-worthy meal right at your kitchen table. Add the broth, potatoes, potato flakes, bacon, pepper, salt, basil, thyme and remaining water.
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup: Place potatoes in a pot, cover with water, season with salt and cook until tender then drain. Add onions and butter and sautee until soft. How to make Loaded Potato Soup Recipe Dice the bacon, add to a large stockpot. You can cook Loaded Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup
- It’s 64 oz of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 10 oz of Thick Cut Bacon.
- Prepare 4 lb of Potatoes.
- It’s 3 bunches of Green Onions.
- It’s 7 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbs of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Morton Nature Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbs of Adobo Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 1 cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Cook over medium heat and render the fat. When crispy, remove the bacon from the pan, keeping the grease. Stir in cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper, to taste. If the soup is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Peel & cut up the potatoes, garlic & the green onions then put to the side for later (make sure to keep bottoms of green onions separate from tops).
- Cook all the bacon & then cut it up into bits. Take the bacon grease & pour it into your cooking pot..
- Add the garlic & green onions to the grease pot & let them cook over low heat for 5-8 minutes just to release the aroma not to brown..
- Add the chicken stock, potatoes & dried ingredients and bring the pot to a boil. Once boiling, let it sit there for 5-10 minutes making sure to stir..
- Add all the dairy & 8oz of the bacon then reduce to a simmer for 25-35 minutes then blend together (immersion blender recommended but any blender will do). Serve topped with sour cream, cheese, bacon bits & green onion tops..
Serve immediately, garnished with green onion, cheese and bacon, if desired. Remove the rind, then purée the soup until smooth with a stick blender or in a liquidiser. Loaded potato soup is a lot like what it sounds like. The base is a simple potato soup, and you load it up with whatever ingredient you want. The most common ingredients to add are bacon, ham, onions, green onion, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.