Scalloped potatoes. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Easy Slow Cooker Recipes on eBay.
It's a quick and easy recipe that's perfect this time of year as a holiday side dish, or delicious anytime as a cozy meal on a chilly night! In a medium saucepan, combine the garlic, butter, potatoes, half-and-half, salt, pepper to. Scalloped Potatoes are an easy classic recipe, perfect for your Easter dinner, Christmas, Thanksgiving or even just for Sunday dinner. You can cook Scalloped potatoes using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scalloped potatoes
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need 3 of peeled& thinly sliced potatoes.
In this side dish, thinly sliced potatoes and onions are layered in an easy homemade cream sauce and baked until tender, golden, and bubbly. Scalloped potatoes in batter are perhaps not the healthiest dish on the menu, but they are certainly one of the tastiest! **As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.** Table Of Contents A different way to prepare potatoes. Growing up in the north of England meant that scalloped potatoes in batter made their appearance on the menu quite often. As a child, I loved them.
Scalloped potatoes instructions
- In a sauce pan, cook onion in butter till tender. Stir in flour and salt. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Mix in 3/4 cup of cheese. Place half the sliced potatoes in a greased 1 quart dish. Cover with half the sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake covered at 350°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more or till potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Serves 4. (If you don?t want to use the cheese and just have plain scalloped potatoes, omit the cheese and increase the salt to 1/2 tsp..
- If you love it cheesy and extra cheese! I DO!.
Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with parmesan. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, then serve. Scalloped potatoes are a classic casserole and a favorite side dish for many families. This recipe simmers the potatoes in a basic seasoned white sauce before the casserole is baked to perfection. Since most of the time required is spent in the oven, it's nice for a weeknight meal.