Chicken Enchilada Casserole. Heat over medium high until the cheese is melted and all of the ingredients are mixed together well. Directions In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, green chilies and onion mixture.
Add beans, corn, chicken, and green chilis and. In a large pan over medium heat, heat oil. This Chicken Enchilada Casserole is a delicious dinner that's super satisfying and super easy to make. You can have Chicken Enchilada Casserole using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- You need 20 of small flour tortillas torn into bite size pieces.
- It’s 2 lbs of cooked shredded chicken.
- It’s of Green enchilada sauce.
- You need Can of green chilis.
- Prepare Can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 2 C of Colby jack cheese or similar.
It's a Mexican inspired casserole that's kid friendly with the perfect little kick of spice. If you're looking for more Mexican inspired recipes, why not also try my Shredded Chicken Tacos, Chicken Enchilada Casserole Skillet, and my Mexican. No water is needed, the chicken will cook in the Enchilada sauce. Chicken Enchilada Casserole filled with chicken breast, black beans, and corn then smothered in enchilada sauce and cheese is so much easier to make than traditional enchiladas.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole instructions
- Tear up tortillas into bite size pieces and place at bottom of greased 9×13 pan.
- Layer shredded chicken over tortillas.
- Heat cans of cream of chicken and green enchilada sauce together on stove until fully mixed together.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. I used mozzarella and cheddar this time..
- Bake at 375 for 20 minuets or until cheese is melted and internal temp is 145.
This healthier version of a classic Mexican dish is one of our favorites along with this Slow Cooker Beef Machaca or Grilled Chicken Tacos. To assemble the enchiladas, set up an assembly line including: tortillas, enchilada sauce, chicken mixture, and cheese. Lay out a tortilla, and spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface of the tortilla. In prepared pan, layer one-third of tortillas. Whisk together the soup, sour cream, and milk in a large mixing bowl.