Chicken Gnocchi Soup. Stir in cubed chicken and chicken broth; bring to a simmer. How to Make This Chicken Gnocchi Soup Cook your chicken: Heat half of the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat and then add in the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate, and cover to keep warm.
A deliciously rich and comforting soup made of sauteed vegetables, potato gnocchi, and chicken. How to Make Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Whip up your own better-than Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup in about an hour for a fraction of the cost! Cook bacon until crisp, then remove with a slotted spoon. You can have Chicken Gnocchi Soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 of carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each poultry seasoning, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken.
- You need 1 package (16 oz.) of potato gnocchi.
- It’s 3 of heaping cups roughly chopped spinach.
- Prepare of Fresh parmesan cheese, for serving.
Sauté onion, celery, carrot, garlic and herbs in the bacon drippings. Slowly add the half and half and chicken broth and stir until it starts to thicken. Add the thyme, carrots, spinach, chicken and gnocchi. Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup is one of the most popular Olive Garden soup recipes.
Chicken Gnocchi Soup instructions
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the onion, carrot and celery with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until they have softened up. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then stir in the flour and cook for an additional minute or two..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Stir in the broth, about a cup at a time, making sure the flour and onion mixture blends in smoothly and theres no lumps. Then stir in the cream, seasonings and chicken. Let the soup come up to a low boil..
- Once it starts to boil, stir in the gnocchi and cook until they are tender…this will only take 3-5 minutes. Once the gnocchi are done, remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the spinach. Taste the soup and add any additional seasonings you think it needs, then it's ready to serve..
It is a rich soup that can be made into a meal. This warm bowl of goodness features roasted chicken, potato gnocchi, carrots, celery, and spinach. Soup warms the soul, and this is no exception. This chicken gnocchi soup recipe is quick, easy, and comforting. The pillowy gnocchi melt in your mouth!