1-2-3 Pot Roast. Steps In a large dutch oven, pour in onion soup, seasoning salt, water, and cream of mushroom and mix well. Add in carrots after the first hour. Add in red potatoes and mushrooms.
Spread the flour out onto a work surface. Sprinkle the chuck roast with salt and black pepper, and roll the roast in the flour to coat all sides. Today's version is really one of the simplest you'll ever make. You can have 1-2-3 Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 1-2-3 Pot Roast
- Prepare 1 package of onion soup mix.
- It’s 2 cans of cream of mushroom.
- Prepare 1/2 can of water.
- Prepare of to taste seasoned salt.
- It’s 3-5 lb. of chuck roast.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 1.5 lb. of baby carrots.
- You need 2.5 lb. of Red potatoes, diced.
- You need 8 oz. of white sliced mushrooms.
The meat you use is important. My favorite roast is the chuck roast. it has wonderful marbling throughout the meat, and when given an ample amount of time to cook, chuck roast winds up being tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Snip the string or elastic off the chicken if it's tied up, then place in a big. Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
1-2-3 Pot Roast step by step
- In a large dutch oven, pour in onion soup, seasoning salt, water, and cream of mushroom and mix well. Place pot roast and onion into dutch oven and then flip it so some of the gravy will be on top on the meat. Place in the oven 350 degree and cook for 1 hour..
- Add in carrots after the first hour. Cook for another hour. Add in red potatoes and mushrooms. Cook for another hour and then it's done! Enjoy the 1-2-3 Pot Roast..
Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on. Throw the carrots into the same very hot pot and toss them around a bit until slightly. Season a beef pot roast all over with a liberal amount of salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.