Coffee Chocolate Cake. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Directions In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, milk, coffee, eggs and vanilla until well blended. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter.
Dump dry flour mixture into this wet mixture and mix until just combined. DIRECTIONS Beat it all together in one big bowl. The batter will be very thin. You can cook Coffee Chocolate Cake using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coffee Chocolate Cake
- You need of Cake – dry ingredients.
- You need 400 g of castor sugar.
- It’s 275 g of flour/cake flour.
- Prepare 50 g of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Cake – wet ingredients.
- It’s 100 g of unsalted butter – melted.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 250 ml of ButterMilk.
- It’s 250 ml of hot coffee.
- It’s of (1 tbsp coffee + hot water).
- Prepare of For the frosting.
- You need 200 g of butter – Room Temperature.
- You need 500 g of icing sugar- sifted.
- Prepare 50 g of cocoa powder- sifted.
- Prepare 150 g of dark chocolate- melted.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of espresso.
- It’s of Chocolate balls.
In a pan over low heat, melt chocolate in ⅓ cup of coffee, stirring constantly. When melted, set aside to cool slightly. In a bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Unlike the majority of modern chocolate coffee cakes, this one has consists of just one layer and no icing.
Coffee Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease & line 2 × 20cm cake pans..
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients..
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry & mix until well combined. Divide batter into equal portions & pour into the 2 cake pans..
- Place in the oven & allow to bake for 30mins or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Dont worry if cake sinks a little in the center..
- Remove the cakes from tge oven & allow to cool completely..
- Frosting – beat the butter until light & fluffy (4-5mins). Add sifted cocoa powder & icing sugar then beat for another 2mins until well combined..
- With the mixer running, slowly pour in the chocolate & mix well. Add the espresso, one tbsp at a time & mix until you have glossy frosting. When cakes are cool, slice each in half length-wise resulting in 4 cake layers. Or you can use only two layers. Next, Stack the cakes with frosting in the center adding crushed chocolate balls (opt) between every layer..
- Finish the cake with the remaining frosting & top with chocolate balls..
- Tips- cake can be made in advance. It should be cooled thoroughly before wrapping in grease proof paper & plastic wrap. Keep in the fridge..
- Frosting – if buttercream is too dry/thick, add a bit of softened butter & splashes of milk..
- Christmas Eve Dinner 2019.
It's an old-fashioned kind of cake, with no frills but a rich chocolate flavor. It's an absolute delight to have as an accompaniment to tea or coffee. It's important to not over-bake this cake, otherwise it will come out dry. Sift together dry ingredients in a bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until smooth.