Chicken and Dumpling Soup. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Fees & T&Cs apply. Food you never knew you wanted.
When tender, remove chicken from pot. Remove meat from bones and keep warm while making the dumplings. Place the chicken, water, bouillon, peppercorns and cloves in a stockpot. You can have Chicken and Dumpling Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- It’s of Soup.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen peas and carrots.
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Dumplings.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of tblsp butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
Cover and bring to a boil; skim foam. Directions In a small amount of cooking oil sweat the onion, carrots and celery. Add chicken, broth, green beans, barley, celery salt, parsley and bay leaves. Simmer until the barley is tender,.
Chicken and Dumpling Soup step by step
- Put chicken, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups chicken broth, garlic, peas, carrots, corn, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours..
- About half an hour before you’re ready to serve the soup, make the dumplings. Put the flour, sugar, salt, butter, baking powder, and milk in a bowl and mix together with a fork..
- Ladle some of the broth from the soup into a shallow pan and bring to a boil. Sometimes the soup is too thick to get enough broth, so I add an additional two cups of chicken broth before making the dumplings..
- Cook small clumps of the dumpling dough in the boiling broth. Cook about 4 minutes on each side until the inside is done..
- Add dumplings back to crockpot and serve..
Chicken and dumpling soup is a lighter version of classic chicken and dumplings that's still creamy, hearty, and satisfying. The homemade dumplings are a breeze to make and are the perfect pillowy texture in this soup. The slow-cooker simmers chicken, potatoes, carrots, and celery in a creamy sauce made with Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, to be topped with tender dumplings made easy with baking mix. By Campbell's Kitchen Steps to make Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipe Start by dicing an onion, celery and carrots. Add the spices and sauté, add the chicken, then add flour.