Pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and Gravy. All The Supplies, Food, Toys And Accessories You Need To Keep Your Pet Happy. Low Prices on Organic Chicken Bone Broth. Remove from the pan but remember to save all of the scrapings from the pan to make the gravy.
Fill with cold water and place over medium-high to bring to the boil. This is the Recipe for delicious and juicy Pan Fried Chicken, Creamiest Mashed Potato with Gravy. Return to medium heat and add flour to oil. You can have Pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and Gravy using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and Gravy
- Prepare 1 of Chicken stock cube for gravy.
- You need 1 of beef stock cube.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup (3.5 DL) of boiling water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1/4 tbsp of Pepper(optional).
- It’s of Salt (as needed).
- Prepare of Chicken coating.
- It’s 2 tbsp of + 2tsp Flour.
- It’s of Paprika powder/Chilli powder.
- It’s of Garlic powder (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 of chicken breasts.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need of Mashed potatoes.
- It’s 3 of big potatoes or 4 small ones.
- Prepare of Salt for boiling.
- You need 100 g of / 1/2 cup Room temperature butter.
- You need 60 ml of / 1/4 cup of warm milk.
If the mixture seems thin, add a bit more flour. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat. Cook potatoes according to package directions. If they are soft, drain off water and put potatoes into a bowl.
Pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and Gravy step by step
- MASHED POTATOES* For the mashed potatoes. Clean the potatoes and use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin. Cut the potatoes up into small cubes and place into a saucepan. Fill with cold water and place over medium-high to bring to the boil. Boil the potatoes for 20-30 minutes or until very tender and nearly falling apart..
- Drain the water using a colander and place the potatoes back into the saucepan. Keep on the heat until there is no longer large amounts of steam. Remove from the heat and start mash the potatoes using a potato smasher or a fork..
- Season with salt and pepper and gradually start adding the butter in small amounts. Make sure the butter is at room temperature so it doesn’t bring down the temperature of the potatoes. Once all the butter has been incorporated start to add the warm milk in small amounts until you are happy with the consistency. You may not need to use all the milk. Check for seasoning. Then your done with the mash..
- GRAVY* Add boiling water into a bowl, add chicken and beef stock cubes then mix until combined. Leave that waiting. Add butter then flour into a deep pan. Stir. When butter-flour mixture turns light brown, add the stock, stir. Add pepper (optional) for extra flavour add garlic powder. Let it boil, take it off heat when the gravy is thick and smooth. Then the gravy is done..
- CHICKEN* For coating, add flour, garlic powder(optional), paprika powder into a small bowl. Then pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Add olive oil, salt and pepper on both sides of chicken. Apply the coating from before on both sides. Heat pan for medium flame and add 1-2tbsp olive oil. Add 1/2 tsp butter into pan. Then add the coated chicken breasts. Fry the chicken and serve on plate. And viola enjoy!.
Make the green beans first in the skillet, then the fried chicken. At the same time, make the mashed potatoes in the saucepan, then use the saucepan to make the gravy. Place coated chicken in the hot oil, and brown on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet, and drain on paper towels. For the gravy, once steak is done frying and using the same pan, add the tablespoon vegetable oil to warm.