Fried gizzard with vinegar dip. Fried gizzard with vinegar dip Marie Ruth Roman. Boost up appetite with this fried gizzard while watching movies! Start by trimming the excess fat and gristle from the chicken gizzards.
Cook chicken gizzards in boiling water with salt and vinegar. After the gizzards have cooked drain water and set aside to cool while making the dredge. Next, add the garlic, red onion and ground black pepper. You can have Fried gizzard with vinegar dip using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried gizzard with vinegar dip
- You need 1 lb of chicken gizzards cleaned.
- It’s 1 c of whole milk.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 Tbsp of your favorite hot sauce.
- You need 1/2 of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Breading:.
- Prepare 1 cup of self rising flour.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
Add an onion and bay leaf. Add more hot water if needed. Remove fat and outer membrane of gizzards. Make a few parallel slashes in each; then cut in thirds.
Fried gizzard with vinegar dip instructions
- Marinate chicken gizzards in ingredients 2-4 for 8-12 hours I prefer overnight, the buttermilk will help tenderize the gizzards..
- Drain chicken gizzard. in a mixing combine all the breading ingredients. place breader in in mixing bowl or bag. bread chicken gizzards…make sure you coat the gizzards evenly..
- Heat deep fryer to 320 degrees. deep fry for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. gizzards cook fast. drain on paper towels..
- Plate up and serve with your favorite dipping sauce..
Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and salt. Or simmer in vinegar and water till brown. Best to use batter and drop them in the deep fryer til golden. They are already done from the boil. Does not take long for batter to crisp when deep frying.