12 Layer Vanilla Sponge Cake. Food you never knew you wanted. The whipped chocolate filling and chocolate glaze are also quick and simple. This is a beautiful cake and looks complicated but it is really very easy.
Grease and line your cake tin. To do this, use wax paper to spread butter or margarine around all the areas your batter will touch whilst cooking. Coat the greased areas in a fine layer of flour and tap tin to remove excess. You can have 12 Layer Vanilla Sponge Cake using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 12 Layer Vanilla Sponge Cake
- You need of CAKE.
- Prepare 12 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare of WHIPPED GANACHE FFILLING.
- It’s 1 of full recipe Whipped Ganache Filling, recipe added in attachment in recipe direction #11.
- It’s of CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- Prepare 12 oz of semi sweet chocolate, chopped. Chips can also be used.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need of GARNISH.
- It’s 1/4 dash of white sprinkles.
Lay a single strip of wax paper along the bottom of the tin and up each side to form "handles" which you will need later. The BEST carrot layer cake; Vanilla Sponge Cake; Momofuku Milk Bar Cake; Grapefruit Pound Cake; So you might not believe me when I say this vanilla sponge cake is perfect. Like that alusive perfect date, it seems like a unicorn. This is the perfect vanilla sponge cake.
12 Layer Vanilla Sponge Cake instructions
- MAKE CAKE LAYERS.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 12 – 9 inch cake pans well with bakers spray. I used foil pans as I don't have 12 cake pans.
- Seperate eggs. Put yolks in 1 large bowl and whites in another large bowl. Let stand, covered to come to room temperature, at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in bowl, set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with buttermilk, 2 cups of the sugar and vanilla until light and increased in volume, 5 to 8 minutes. Beat in reserved flour mixture just until well blended.
- With clean, dry beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy and increased in volume.
- Gradually add remaing 1/4 cup sugar until glossy firm peaks form.
- Add 1/4 of egg white mixture to yolk mixture and fold in. Add remaining whites to yolks in 3 more additions, folding each addition in being careful not to deflate but thoroughly blending in.
- Evenly divide batter in the 12 prepared pans. I used a one cup measure to scoop and pour into each pan, tapping pans to level batter.
- Bake 4 cakes at a time in preheated oven until light golden, and cake feels dry not sticky. A toothpick will be mostly clean. About 7 to 9 minutes. Cool pans on racks 5 minutes then run a small sharp knife around edges to prevent any sticking.
- MAKE FILLING. Whip cold Chocolate Ganache, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/352391-whipped-chocolate-ganache-frosting-filling.
- On a serving plate starting with one cake frost each layer with a thin layer of chocolate ganache, sandwichng each layer. Keep top layer un frosted, and chill cake 2 hours to firm up before glazing..
- MAKE CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- Place semi sweet chocolate on large bowl. Heat cream to a simmer, either stove top or in microwave. Pour over chocolate, let sit undisturbed 1 minute to melt chocolte. Whisk until smooth. Let glaze sit at room temperature until it thickens some but is still able to pour.
- Glaze cake by spooning glaze over top of cake and letting it slide down sides.
- Garnish with sprinkles while glaze is wet to allow to stick. Chill cake to set before cutting..
This easy vanilla sponge cake recipe is pure joy to make and the result is light & bouncy pillows of golden sponge that can be sandwiched together with pretty much any filling of your choice. This time around I went for strawberry & rhubarb jam topped with vanilla whipped cream and a few nuggets of crystallised ginger. All in all, it's quite a tempting stack. How to Make Vanilla Layer Cake. Mix dry ingredients: Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.