Pepper Steak. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Season them well with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan or griddle pan over a high heat until very hot.
Sometimes it is called pepper steak and rice, as it's a Chinese-American dish popularly served over white rice or sometimes brown rice. How to make Pepper Steak Start by heating oil in a large skillet. When the pan is nice and hot (almost smoking) add in half of the steak. You can cook Pepper Steak using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pepper Steak
- You need 1.5 lbs of Sirloin or bottom round steak (I use half of stir fry steak).
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1 of Red Pepper.
- You need 1 of Green Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Large Onion.
- You need 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Sauce-.
- You need 1 Packet of Brown Gravy Mix.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Cold Water.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
Pepper Steak is a quick and easy dinner idea. I like to use sirloin steak, which will be nice and tender when used with this recipe. You can use one colour of bell pepper or a variety like I did. I also like it to have a bit of a kick but not too spicy.
Pepper Steak step by step
- Toss steak strips with soy sauce and black pepper. You can cook right away or marinate up to 8 hours..
- Chop peppers and onions into 1 inch pieces and set aside..
- Add enough vegetable oil to a large skillet to coat the bottom. Heat over high heat until very hot. Add one layer of beef strips to skillet then saute until nicely browned. Remove from skillet then repeat this process until all the beef is cooked and set aside..
- Coat the bottom of the pan with a little more vegetable oil, reduce heat to medium- high then add chopped peppers and onions then saute for 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes..
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix well. Add sauce and browned beef to skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and peppers are tender..
- I like to serve with Smashed Garlic Potatoes..
You can make it as spicy as you want. Serve it on a bed of rice with a side salad and you'll have a delicious. When the chips are nearly done, heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan. Make a fillet steak that's already special even more special with Mary Berry's classic peppercorn sauce. This make-ahead sauce is a lifesaver if you want to cook a special dinner.